1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yup, you know the drill

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Nov 4, 2014.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

BS
    Vick tortured/mutilated stolen/neighborhood dogs, etc.
    He throws a good football, so all is good in the world again....hail to the God Vick

White female vs Black male.....they both get a pass, in these examples

2. SpeedyE

:stupid:

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Michael Vick went to prison.

4. And lost close to 100 million dollars. He paid a bigger price than all but a few dog fighting supporters ever did.

5. SpeedyE

Fair enough.

I understand, but I was really going off the societal part of the comment. About how she was not vilified because she was white/female.
    I says race/gender mean nothing....it is all about tribalism/fans in society, whether you get a free pass or are vilified..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's another good Arab saying...... "Women want fried ice." :crackup:

Most black men don't have 100 million dollars to lose either. Money is all powerful in this world, doesn't matter what sex you are.

7. SpeedyE

He should have paid with his life. But that's just my opinion.
    I shouldn't have used vick as an example, cause it will be a rabbit hole.

For all the outrage about cops shooting peoples dogs, Vick did far worse, yet he was absolved of his sins by the majority of the country cause he can throw a football.
    Why aren't the cops forgiven?

I would be far more angered/upset if a guy stole my dog, bashed it's teeth out with a hammer, broke it's hips w/ a baseball bat, and threw it in a ring w/ a Pit-Bull to be ripped apart......Than a cop shooting it. Far more outraged.

8. He was not "absolved of his sins." He paid a heavy price for his "sins."

He should have lost his life? Nope. Human lives are more important than dog lives.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Michael Vick paid his debt to society as prescribed by our justice system. He has since done a pretty good job of atoning for his misdeeds, whatever you may think of his motivation for doing so.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

11. SpeedyE

What did he pay?
    $? He aint still rich???
    Jail? How long for all the heartache he gave to so many families of his victims.
    Fame? He seems to be doing all right, the masses still kneel to him at the games.

So how did he pay? What did it really cost him in the end?
    He was absolved by the public, by his fans, by society.

Maybe so, but he is not a human. He is a fucked up sociopathic torturer who can throw a foot ball.

If I steal YOUR dog, torture it to death....get caught, pay a couple grand, do 6 months in the box, and do 100 hours community service, will we call this good on your end?
    Will you defend me to my detractors?
    Will you cheer for me at the racetrack?

I doubt it.

12. SpeedyE

Would you be saying that if he was a 3rd string bench warmer? :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe because they don't go to prison.

14. SpeedyE

Papa,
    Do we forgive rapists because they go to prison?
    Do we forgive child molesters because they go to prison?
    Do we forgive motorcycle thieves because they go to prison?
    Do we forgive other sociopathic torturous criminals because they go to prison and complete their community service?
    Did we forgive OJ because he is in prison?

I says no to all the above ;)

*If The Juice could still get his old team to the play-offs, I would recant his example :D

Forgiveness is given to our idols and self created societal deities'.

Exhibit-A, your honor
    http://www.snotr.com/video/182/Triumph_the_Insult_Comic_Dog_vs_Michael_Jackson_Supporters

15. I don't have a dog. I don't see the need to provide food and shelter to an animal, and have to plan every day out according to their pooping schedule, etc. I like to be able to come and go as I please, without worrying about a dog. Despite HPPT's claims, I also don't want to have to handle poop.

Vick lost the majority of the money he earned in his entire life.

If I were at a race track, and you were in a good battle, I might cheer for you. I don't cheer for Michael Vick, at least not unless the Steelers pick him up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  16. Speedy, you hijacked a thread about a hot horny woman, and made it about a dude. WTF?!:D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: Damn that feels strange.

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

what "lewd acts" did she commit?

19. SpeedyE

:wow::(:eek::(:wow:
    :clap::D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Paying your debt to society doesn't guarantee that you will be forgiven. It's just a start. Once that's out of the way, some people forgive certain things, other things may never be forgiven.

It seems to be your problem should be with the judge who decided 18 months in prison was enough punishment for Michael Vick. Once he's out, he has a right to earn a living just like you.