1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSR Fork Swap

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by backcountryme, Feb 17, 2012.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Has anyone ever put a different fork on a YSR? I measured up my pitbike fork and it is the same overall length and the same steer tube length. Seems like it might work. Also has anyone swapped a swingarm on one? I am wanting to be able to run better wheels and a better fork.

2. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

Lots of people have. Go to ysr50.com. Check out the custom build threads. I know a guy did swap a bbr style xr50 swing arm, and it was a direct bolt on. Let me know how the fork swap works out. Pitster makes a cool set of rims if the forks work, and if the bolt right on I want to know.

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I've bolted Pitster wheels on just about everything. I'm 1/2 hour from their shop and used to race their stuff exclusively. Really good product for China stuff.

Anyway... The Pitster wheels are bullet proof. My 220 pound ass never bent one even jumping the 40 footer at Miller. You will have to build wheel spacers but thats easy. I've had to space calipers to make everyhting fit right. I hit Home Depot and get some of the 3/4 inch pex pipe and cut that up to get the spacer size right them cut them out of steel or aluminum. The pex is stiff enough that it works well for test fitting and I have run around the block with them just to make sure it was right. Cost a couple bucks to cut up a bunch of spacers.

4. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I'll post pics of one with 80 something forks on it.. Guy had one in our club ..

5. backcountryme

Yeah, the wheels look like it would be easy. It is the fork itself that I don't like. I do have a china pitbike with an upside down fork that I have modded for road racing. It works really good. That is the thing that I am most interested in changing. That and the swingarm. I may even end up building my own swinger. I want to run a longer shock to increase my options. There are not many good options in YSR shocks. I do have an older version of this:
    http://www.dnmshock.com/bicycle-wheelchair-shocks/ao-30ar.html

A 6.5 eye to eye mountain bike rear air shock that I might try out. What is the worst that can happen?

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Didn't do forks, but I had a custom swing arm made for one I had

7. backcountryme

Well I just can't seem to find anything on the Internet about fork swaps on the ysr. I guess I'll just have to tear into it and see what I have to make. Hey trackstar, have you ever used to pitster supermoto mag wheels for road racing? They look nice and for about $250 they seem like a good deal.

8. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member