1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You've come a long way baby....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by R Acree, Apr 29, 2010.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Things than make you go "huh?"

2. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

3. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Just getting ready to post this news. Unbelievable!!! :down:

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

proof they dont know their elbows from their assholes. wtf.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, if it stops the bloody earthquakes...

6. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

The UN is an outdated entity which doesn't seem to be able to get anything done other than bickering and spending money.

Ineffective doesn't begin to describe their policies.

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I read a story a couple of days ago that said they were arresting women who are too tan in Iran. Wow.

8. Spyderchick

Well if you could tell they were tan then they were showing too much skin.

Stone Them!

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

"Everybody must get stoned..."
    --Bob Dylan

10. Spyderchick

So y'all got me thinking. Christiane Amanpour is from Iran, and if I remember right, she's done some reporting on the fact that there are parts of Iran that are very Westernized and moving into the 21st century.

Another thing is that most of Iran's population is actually very young, under 35. So I guess my question would be did this UN seat go to a more progressive thinking individual or someone who's old and entrenched in the theocracy?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No mention of the individual in what I read, but wouldn't the government make that determination?

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'Persepolis' is an interesting (and easy) read...

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I thought bickering was their policy.:)

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I remember reading an article written by a woman from Iran that stated that Iran was getting pretty close to becoming more Western in the way that they think. It seems that most of the leaders that hang onto the old ways are reaching the end of their reign. Maybe things will turn around. (someday)

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Things will turn around. Iraq and Afghanistan will be the beginning of the whole middle east becoming Democratic. Hard to believe right now, but all it takes is a few generations.

16. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Um, the "tens of generations" have seemed to have forgotten what is what, in regards to past-present-future directions.

And I do believe the outside influences always clutter their ability to really understand anything other than headcutting.

17. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how "progressive" the appointee is because thinking for yourself is not allowed in Iran. From what I've seen, much of the young Iranians embrace Western culture like was said. I'd bet big money we have people in Iran right now working on strengthening a resistance movement that will turn into the first truly democratic government in Iran when the timing is right.

18. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

thats like the sign we had at work..

"beatings will continue till moral improves"

we had to take it down HAHA

19. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Get the US out of the UN

and then....

Get the UN out of the US