1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on the iPhone 6+?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The battery on my 3 (or is it a 4) lasts all day with heavy use or days with moderate use.

Old technology bad, new good! :D

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

The batteries in the 5 aren't known for being all that good. My 6 will go all day with no real issue. Why not just keep a charger at work just in case?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's like 150 in dog years.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

or like 3,000 in apple years

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

my battery in the 5s was fine, the one in the 6 is fine. i'd say i'm a heavy user.
    what i don't like on the 6, is that somehow the typing doesn't work properly, although the screen is a tad wider.
    on the 5s, I nailed the words, on the 6 i have typos all over.

maybe i should get a smatphone.

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I've got chargers at work and at home, and in my car too.

The problem is that if at work out of the office I can't always count on being able to find an outlet to plug into. I got totally jammed up in NYC a coupe of weeks ago and nearly missed a few connections b/c the phone died.

Bottom line is that I need a bit more reliability.

But the cost is absurd: $24 per month for 30 months = $720 for the 6+. Yikes!

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Turn off all the battery draining stuff you have in the background - or stop talking so much :D

9. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Two of us used the Ballistic BackPack to keep our phones charged over a 4 day work trip (probably could have gone longer). I was impressed.

[​IMG]

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me a price on that :D

11. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

You just nailed the reason why, although I was satisfied with my iPhones (other than the 5, which clunked out early and had a horrible battery), I switched to a Galaxy Note 4, which is great in terms of battery life PLUS has a swappable battery (so you can carry a spare). It also has a blazingly fast charger.

I was initially concerned that the transition couldn't be easy or smooth and, in fact, it was not that complicated. Now I feel I'm free to choose whichever works bests, whether it's an Apple or an Android...

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Price shipped to 14202?

13. TrackHo

TrackHo Well-Known Member

I've had the 6+ for about 3 months--seemed big at first, now I'm used to it and it rocks--the 6 looks way too small.

Warning--get the applecare deal--this new design fairs much worse in minor drops--even in a case--I learnt the hard way. Fortunately, Apple replaces the screen for $129 on the 6+--lucky for me they jacked it up and gave me a new phone under warranty:up::up:

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

the 5's had issues, the 6+ works like a champ, big screen to see instagram and facebook with long battery life

15. ckruzel

+1

16. ckruzel

you mean the 5 wasn't supposed to shut off when it displayed 39% :down:

known battery issues on the 5 was enough for me to get a 6+

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Seriously, mine will say 79%, I'll sneeze and the damn thing will say 19% and two seconds later it will die.

18. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

+1 :up:

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm in the same boat. iPhone 3. :cool:

What's the potential upgrade that they are coming out with in September? I may hold out until then.

My girlfriend has the 6 and loves the battery life. She's a realtor and on her phone for work most of the day. Phone, Text, email, etc. So far, for her functionality, it's way above her iPhone 4.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Based on your geography, you're kinda fscked... :D