1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You would not believe

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

You guys?

Well, I've supported getting our own oil inside and on the edges of the US forever. I don't think that's my fault. That is what oil was selling for, it's market value, in addition to valuation problems with the dollar. If we had more supply and we didn't have so much debt, simple issues, things would have been then, and now, different.

What is the current government ideololgy on drilling here and debt?

Either way, I think people make choices on where to go and when to go. And in business, costs have to be passed on at some point.

What "guys" am I? Tell me so I know.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The reason there was NO gas in ATL was because the Govenor put a price freeze in... that let every joe schmoe "top off" his tank every other day.

Meanwhile, people like me who had to drain their freakin lawnmower to get to work, were SOL ... I would have paid $8/gal, if gas was available!! I *HAD* to get to work. I drained anything with gas in it to fuel my Vstar for 3 days... in the freezing cold, from Canton to Downtown. BRRRR!!!!

People "gouging" for ammo? Let em... those who NEED it will happily pay the price for peace of mind that they can defend themself. The hoarders wont buy at that price, so that frees up supply... pretty simple really.

3. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

so what happens if you buy a gun and they pass a law making it illegal?

Do you have to turn it in? Or are you grandfathered out of the law b/c you purchased it before it was illegal?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

With the previous ban, nothing. You would then own what was called a "pre-ban".

Nobody had to turn in anything but you couldn't buy any NEW, just used stuff made before the ban. Hence at that time prices sky rocketed for pre-ban stuff. This time around folks are using that experience to scare people into buying before any ban can happen.

5. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

gotcha .. thanks.

6. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

I never realized how busy gun stores are. There must have been 10 people in each line Saturday. Ammo did seem to be in short supply from what I was hearing. Is that abnormal?

I just put a deposit down on my very first gun. I should have my papers in order by the time it shows up.

7. Super Dave

Well, the government can just take away rights. FDR made gold illegal. If you had it, you were required to turn it in for the price they set. I don't think there is anything set necessarily.

8. Super Dave

Yeah, I think so. I guess even law enforcement is struggling to get handgun ammo. I haven't had huge problems with rifle and shotgun ammo, although Walmart didn't have the rifle ammo I wanted for months.

Congratulations!

I bought my first one over twenty years ago. Bought my second one on Monday, November 3rd, 2008. I have a couple of old ones that I got from my dad when he passed away. 999 will enjoy that.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The ammo thing is difficult. Yes it is very unusual at least it was up till a few years ago. Partly there was a huge demand from the military for the wars. It got hit hard around 06-07. Once supply caught up we had citizens buying scared which depleted stock again. Once supply caught up with that we had the election and more scare buying. The scumbags in the industry are spreading a rumors of all kinds of mythical bills and bans. Despite the fact there is no such thing on the floor at the hill.

Ammo should start going back to normal this year. The material and production is fine, more than ever in fact. The problem is people scare buying and hoarding it.

PS: Congrats! Enjoy it and take a new person shooting whenever you can!

10. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Damn.... I need to move to Winston-Salem then. Seems there are a bunch of dumbasses around there. If Sports Authority is actually selling at that price. Wally world has all the Skeet ammo you need in 20 ga and 12 ga at 100 rounds for about 29 bucks. Maybe I should buy about 5000 rounds and come out there and set up a booth and make some extra money.:beer:

11. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

Thanks. I bought, or rather, am buying a Ruger LCP 380. Mom and I are taking the CC course together. She's a first time owner too. She was given a little Derringer for Easter, but she's also getting the little Ruger.

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

True.

Same as when the RC-51s came out from Honda. Anyone that set any price other than MSRP got laughed at by me. Although, I asked a couple of dealers in East TN just so I could laugh at them... I already had my deposit on mine for MSRP. :D