1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You win the race and file a protest on the guy who gets 2nd?

Discussion in 'General' started by Burt Munro, May 24, 2011.

1. Burt Munro

Burt Munro Well-Known Member

Anyone ever hear of someone winning a race and then filing a protest to tear down the topend of the guy who took 2nd?

It happened Sunday at Blackhawk.

2. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Could it be the guy that came in second is number one in the points, and the guy figures he's cheating.

3. Burt Munro

Nope... The guy who won and filed the protest is leading the region with 910 points. The guy he filed the protest against is in 5th with 257.91 points.

And the teardown showed the bike was 100% stock.

4. caferace

caferace No.

If you knew second place had been cheating, wouldn't you?

So.... what were the results of the protest?

-jim

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

What did the winner suspect was going on with the other bike?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If the bike in second, fifth or thirty second was cheating, shame on the rider and it deserves to be protested.

Don't care who filed the protest.

7. Burt Munro

He won't say ... just that there isn't any way an R6 should be able to keep up with his ZX6 if it's stock.

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

The winner is planning to miss the next two rounds and he wans t make sure the second-place guy's bike is all apart for that time...

Either that or the winner is a colossal douchebag.

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I don't think Farrell is making many friends with that move.

I guess he is claiming he 'randomly' tore down another rider, but the guy he 'randomly' picked was the only guy giving him a run for his money all weekend.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then "he" is a flaming idiot.

11. Burt Munro

Couldn't have said it better myself.

12. TPapp

TPapp Active Member

Are you saying that the tech guy was also racing?

13. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

did the dude being protested ever produce an airbox?

14. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

He never did bring the airbox.

15. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Well-Known Member

This must be related to that old Team Hammer / John Ulrich thread.:)

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

either way, assuming that whatever org the race was sanctioned by has the same rules as wera, then it cost him a pretty penny

17. Burt Munro

Airbox was there but wasn't specified as one of the items being protested. Tried to add it after the fact but couldn't because it wasn't listed on the initial protest.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

No...

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

It seems hard to believe that the guy who wins pretty much every race at that track is protesting someone behind him, it will be interesting to hear Farrell's side of it. Didn't Jensen do that in a WERA race a few years ago? I forgot what happened but I remember reading about it on here.

Anyone know how far CCS tears down the bike or how much the protester has to pay? I don't have my rulebook on me.

20. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

If I knew a guy was cheating and I had the cash, I'd protest him regardless of where he finished. If I had beaten him and he was proved to be cheating I'd laugh right in his face, too.

Cheaters suck.

But, to "randomly" have someone torn down is a douchy McDouchalot move right out of the "Douches's Guide to Being a Douche" handbook from the School of Douche.
    To do it "randomly" to someone you just beat in the race is above and beyond douche and poking squarely into Complete Assmunch territory just a bit shy of Blanket Party Town.
    I hope it cost him a lot of money to lodge the protest and I hope some professional engine builder will put the other guy's motor back together for free.