1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You think...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 88/532, Mar 7, 2009.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

2. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Logically, the only way you could interpret Holder's “nation of cowards” line as race baiting is if you think of the “nation” as being white.

I hope you aren't bitter and clinging to this out-dated racist notion. :Poke: :D

Seriously, if you actually listen to or read his comment in context, all he said was there are unresolved racial issues that need to be dealt with but tend to be avoided. Maybe that's not the most politic way to phrase it, so I can see why Obama is now pandering to whites, but do you really disagree with what Holder said?

3. 88/532

Robert my friend, I'm merely poking fun at the Prez again. Its what I do, now. :)

Now, as far as Holder. I'm not from Missouri, but you'll still have to show me. Because, what I see is that white America put Obama in office. I do believe a few racial issues were resolved right there.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily agree with Holder. The problem of addressing the race issue has been continuing for many decades, and I think most people just get tired of arguing and discussing it without seeing any solutions being achieved. In fact, by ignoring the issue, and just living our lives on a daily basis, we might solve the problem just as quickly as fighting about it constantly. If you really think about it the people that are constantly raising hell about race are few and far between, and most of the average blacks, and whites, only get involved when agitated by those squeaky wheels. Think there's any validity to this?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Quite a bit.

6. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

I believe that Resident Obama and his guys know exactly what they are doing.

7. 88/532

You think we have a future?

They did.
    [​IMG]

8. Super Dave

That's a different question.

I think the guys in power know exactly what they want, and they know exactly what they are doing.

Do I believe that I have a future? Or my kids? That's a different story.

They are plenty of people talking about the destruction of wealth. Seems to be true.

Hey, I needed a new tow vehicle last July, and I jumped in with some money that we had saved. Had I continued saving that in our investments, well, I don't know of many times where buying a vehicle is a better investment even with the recognition of depreciation and expenses is better than a reasonable mutual fund.

Who's going to keep more cash at home?

I don't have a crystal ball, but I have no need to trust the government with a banking system, let alone many other things. It does seem as though these guys are moving forward with government banking control. Obama is saying "save", and I wonder what their end motivation is for that as it certainly appears that he talks "hope" to drive some toward the destruction of wealth.

9. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

What is interesting is that the entire notion of a black/white issue is actually about 25 years out of date.

The sheer number of Latino, Asian and Indian/Pakistani people in the US has drastically affected the concept of what constitutes a 'minority' and any 'second class' citizen attitude.

We are indeed approaching the point where the US no longer has a 'white' majority... parts of California are already there. If that constitutes a 'post-racial' age, then I'm all for it... plus it may put Rev. Al & Jesse out of a job :p

10. Super Dave

Agreed, that's rational reality. But radicals aren't satisfied with that. There is no way to "elevate" the "poor" closer to the financial levels with those more well off, and this has been attempted with the forced leverage of money from the "wealthy" over seventy plus years of welfare, etc. All of which only serves to generate bloated programs that don't accomplish their goals (or have no specific goals, create "ice cream addicts", and immorally pull capital from individuals for their personal lives.

11. 88/532

You fellers gettin' deep here. Lets get back to pokin' fun at the Prez shall we.

[​IMG]

12. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I really don't know where you're getting this from.

The wealthy have been getting wealthier and wealthier in the 25 years. And liberals do not believe or strive to "elevate the poor" IMO.

We want to re-create the vibrant middle class of the 1950s and 1960s, while giving the poor a chance at improving themselves if they chood se to do so.

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Sure there is. Just tax the rich and give it to the poor. It works to reduce poverty every time. I guarantee it. :D

Btw a little reality check: Dubya made personal income tax rate cuts in 2001 which he himself set to expire in 2010. After he doubled the debt and then started the bailouts last fall everyone knew they had zero chance of being extended. So actually Obama isn't raising anyone's taxes. You can pretend he is but here is what you are getting hysterical about:

A whopping 3 cents on the dollar more. Just like in the 90s when rich people didn't make money at all. It was awful.

14. Super Dave

Elaborate. I mean, this could be interesting.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not extending tax cuts means I pay more taxes, therefore an increase. Simple math no matter how you want to spin it for either side.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

STOP making sense!

17. Super Dave

He didn't set the expiration date. That was done in the bill that was put on his desk, and he had to take what he could. And it's available yet to make permanent. So, you can quit bending the truth that Obama isn't raising taxes by not making the cuts, which aren't even cuts as it isn't the government's money, the tax.

As for Obama and the debt, he's very special in this consideration. You know that too.

It isn't the governments money. And the new rate is supposed to be 39%, which you already know being a student of radicalism and information. :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009