1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Should Pass it Right Away.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, now it's Man Vs Food Nation :D

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, I don't wanna ruin it for ya, but...

Man wins the battle, but Food will win the war. :D

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not really since he had a couple of months lead up and the bill still has not been written (it is just a speech). And of course it will be paid for, by a committee that will meet in a few months :crackup:

So it seems to me he is good at campaigning and reading teleprompters. Sometimes he even needs two of them to do that. He does rock on vacation planning though.

4. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Take the running and funding of 'Safety Net' programs away from the federal government, and instead have them funded and run via LOCAL government. That would enable people to either vote in politicians that best represent them, or if their area were governed by people they didn't like, they could move to a nearby city that was more like-minded to themselves. (think urban flight) If a city suddenly found themselves unable to fund welfare because everyone moved out of their district, they would have to re-evaluate their spending plans.

Competition to bring in tax payers would mean that the government would finally be held accountable for their spending.

Currently we are largely governed by people that we didn't even have the opportunity to vote for.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so this bill he wants passed, he doesn't know what's in it? Seriously? :crackup: Oh my lord, I really should pay more attention to the comedic moments of politics!

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Darren - will you buy me another gun for Christmas? Something maybe in a maternity model?

7. pickled egg

I can dig a moat, too...but I don't think the gators will survive the winters :(

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ugly Americans is on now :D

9. pickled egg

in General or The Dungeon? :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The TV. Now The Car Show. I really should get to the office at some point but meh.

11. pickled egg

I mowed the lawn. Almost shredded a garter snake. :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering that but when I took the dogs out and had a smoke it was already hot. Much nicer in the recliner. Probably will go get the jeep washed though, poor thing is a mess.

13. pickled egg

Oh, poor thing. :Poke:

I had to wait til it warmed up enough to dry the dew off the grass.

Even with the breeze, it was still wet. :down:

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmmm, we're much better armed today than in 1865. :)

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah but there has been a continuous invasion of the opposition since the development of AC. They are like the illegal aliens. They move in, don't work and then start wanting to do things like they did "back home." They talk funny too.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Knowing that the bill hasn't even been written yet really is a hoot. I'll swear, Obama just doesn't learn from his mishaps. He pressed forward with the Medical Bill with the "you don't know what's in it until you pass it" thing now he's doing the same thing with this "Jobs bill" and trying to convince everybody that it's going to pay for itself is simply astonishing. He's funnier than Bill Cosby. :)

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At least Cosby's material contains a grain of truth.

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yes, and so are they! ;)

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

All except for Ill. They aren't mature enough to own or handle firearms according to their fearless leaders.:)

As for the rest of them, we rednecks were raised on using guns. We does know how to shoot better than them do. My cousin Clem taught me. :)

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The following link caught my eye earlier and it made me start trying to remember what our leader Obamo told us about funding the Health Care bill. Didn't he promise that funding would come from the same sources that this "Job bill" comes from? How is he going to do this?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-hike-taxes-pay-jobs-bill-200510620.html