1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You see Aerospace employees

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by earacing, Nov 28, 2011.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I see union workers.

3. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

I see future unemployed idiots.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see idiots who should be fired but won't be because the company will be to worried about the impending racial disrimination lawsuit.

5. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe people would jeapardize their job in this economy. Iditios.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I agree that these idiots should be fired but that doesn't seem right. What if some dude who doesn't get drunk and stoned during a break wants to grab some fast food?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tough shit if he wants to keep his job.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'd be checking the labor laws in ol Michigan on that one. Sounds like a case of indentured servitude if someone is prevented from leaving premises while on unpaid break.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way. It's just basic security. Lots of jobs require that all over the country.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The unions will use that to make sure they get paid to smoke pot and drink at lunch.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Having eaten (once) within the confines of a plant at the union operated cafeteria it is not an option you wish on someone :Puke:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So bring your lunch.

13. pickled egg

Pretty sure you cannot be "imprisoned" in your place of employment without being on the clock in MN. If their lunch period is paid, not a problem, but if I have to punch out for lunch, I can't be forced to be anywhere until it's time to punch back in.

And the lobbyists can get an amendment to the Clean Indoor Air Act and get a Reefer Room added to all businesses. :D

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Too inconvenient.
    Won't help the economy.
    Don't get to use EBT card.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's union - of course lunch is paid.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just to pass on some info to those of you that never got to enjoy the union experience, there is another side..

I was a member of the Laborer and then Carpenter unions back in the mid-80's. For starters, if you showed up on a job and didn't produce, you were sent back to the hall and put on the bottom of the list. You got 1/2 hour for lunch. That includes the time to get it if you didn't bring your own. You got a 15 minute morning and afternoon break...that was when you got to smoke. All the rest of the time you worked your ass off.

Funny thing was I spent most of my time at GE's Appliance Park, which is a city unto itself (has it's own zip code). The people that worked the lines worked pretty hard but the maintenance men were worthless gabage in my book. Basard's would drive their scooter up to where I would be jack-hammering out the foundation for a new press pit and watch...ALL DAY LONG.

Oh, and GE had excellent cafeteria's!

17. pickled egg

Fixed. :up:

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

A friend of mine was a corrections officer at the local jail. There the union required them to eat lunch in the cafeteria every day. The meals were prepared by inmates...eventually they changed the policy when inmates were caught spiking meals with cleaners and solvents.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - I do totally agree not all unions are created equal - but a lot of why the better ones were hardasses in the mid 80's is the same reason they're getting that way again, more people than jobs means you can pick and choose good employees.

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Oh, I totally agree. It just sucks for everyone else.