1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You happy now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that I remember but guess it could have happened.

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

It was early 2000s. At least it was when I was a member between 01-03.

3. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

INDIVIDUALS begged for a protective order in my case.

They forgot to ask for one in Harding's case.

My guess is a DA is looking at whatever is out there as you read this.

VFR#52 and BDRacing like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What would a protective order have provided them? If you've committed a crime, you've committed a crime. Short of some sort of plea deal to testify, why would it matter?

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This is just a tax issue for you though, right? You guys are a for profit. We want you to make money. That’s a bit different than a member owned club.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You're absolutely free to do what you want to do, but, why not put it on the business when your travel? If you don't put it on the company when travelling (which would allow you to write it off), then I damn sure hope that you're writing it off personally as non-reimbursed business expenses. Take yer deductions, damnit!!!!

G 97 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing to do with taxes for me, I just don't spend company money on my food. In my head it's a separate thing even if it really is Evelyne.

cBJr and VFR#52 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just a weird thing with both of us not spending the company money on personal stuff like food. I know it's strange and we really need to change how we do things since she's gone from a corp to a sole proprietorship or whatever it is which puts all WERA stuff onto our taxes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Because you're looking at it as spending the company money on personal stuff. When you're doing business, it is no longer personal stuff.
    Try to look at it this way.
    If WERA pays you $100 salary and you use $20 of your money to buy a bag of Big Macs for breakfast on the way to the track, you could deduct that as a non-reimbursed business expense. If you reduce your pay to $80 and use $20 in WERA $ to pay for the Big Macs, then WERA could write off the $20. If you don't, without getting all dungeony, aren't you (or WERA) paying more in taxes because you aren't deducting the things that you should be?

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Did you just save Roadracing in America?:p

daveknievel, badmoon692008 and tophyr like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

You shut your mouth. :D

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I hope to God you mean LLC.

The LLC can issue you per diem $ on the days you are out of the office and traveling to/working at the tracks.

ducnut and joec like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I know how I should think about it. But to me it's Evelynes money and I don't spend her money or take her company money for granted. Just the way it's always been in my head. However as I said, now things are set up differently we both need to look at things differently. It could easily be better to pay me less and cover more business expenses which is something I plan on asking the accountant when we go do the tax thing. We have already started changing some other basic procedures to take better advantage of things so this will just be another step.

G 97 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How I spend my paycheck is totally different from my professional hobbies :crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not an LLC but similar. We're all good on the legal and tax fronts, I just don't remember exactly what it is set up as now, used to be an S Corp where she was all the officers once she bought her last partner out :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

And right there is the crux of this whole deal.

BDRacing and VFR#52 like this.
  17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A bunch of racers throwing money in a pot together sounds like a recipe for disaster. Someone is getting screwed no matter what. How does that even work with the club? If you throw in X amount of money do you get some kind of return on investment? I don't get it.

18. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Yes, you get a place to race. The money in the pot is your race license fee and entry fees. The only money each person is required to pony up no matter what they do is the race licence fee. Everything else is based on your participation.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Cmra was started in 1970s so anyone who has been running club was not around when all this took place.
    This is why the bylaws where written in 1st place to hold BOD members accountable and keep an open door policy.
    I started with Cmra in 1990 and left when club decided to not be Wera affiliated in 1999.
    Came back in 2010 and ran head on into the leadership that put this club in this position.
    Oh can i tell you the ways that any club can affect your racing.
    But i do know alot of the clubs history.
    Also Cmra has a great history of producing the fastest riders this country has ever had.
    And somehow the people who have been put in charge of club since
    Connie and Charles Brothers left have forgotten whose interest they serve.
    Its members.

Steven

BDRacing likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This should be worth a few more pages...