1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys might like this.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Steeltoe, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This character showed up at the local bike night here in FL. I think the owner and me were the only folks impressed by the fact he got tags on it. Said he had to title it in Maine I believe.

[​IMG]

Kicker

[​IMG]

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Pretty dang cool. :)

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

For the clueless.. what is it? I don't know any of the Suzi 2-strokes.

4. peterz84

peterz84 Well-Known Member

Rgv250 Vj23 I believe.
    Pete

5. soarertt

soarertt I hate electric legs

HA! Get those ugly pictures down, i'm just having fun until my new bodywork arrives at my front door and I'll paint it replica lucky strike. Maybe this weekend I'll paint it something else, the black isn't working for me.

Specs are in sig.

-Richard

6. soarertt

I was more impressed you noticed it! The typical "bike night" crowds that have extended swingers and neon lights typically have no idea what it is, and instantly compare it to a Ninja 250 and think I'm some squid.

:crackup:

7. peterz84

I've got an SP just like yours, my tank looks a little different. Titled in Maine eh? Tell me more, please:up:

Pete

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Easy to title in TN...

2 RGV's and an NSR!

9. peterz84

Tell me more!!!
    Pete

10. soarertt

Yep.

I see an NSR in my future too. I can get a crazy deal on an MC21 right now with a dead CDI. Stupid cheap actually, and it's in good condition... and local!

PM me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

I still want a TZR250(3XV) but money aside the title scares me away.

12. soarertt

It's a process. You have to know your state laws very well, don't rely on internet hearsay. I know in Florida it's not a problem to title a 15 year or older 250cc motorcycle... but I can't speak for anywhere else, or if my title will even transfer to your state if I sold it. Florida has no VIN lenght laws or Emissions/inspection laws. By default, my 11 digit VIN on the title instantly makes it not transferable to quite a few states, let alone the bike will never be allowed in a state with emissions/inspections.

I know an RGV owner in Cali.... and even though it's legally titled/registered, if he ever gets caught on it by the right cop on cali roads, his bike can be instantly taken and will be crushed.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  13. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

There is a rgv lucky strike in mint condition plated too .Aewsome guy too.Taught me alot at the track.

[​IMG]

Suzuki RG250.
    Bike is a Japan Spec 1991 VJ-22 RGV-250
    Prob 1 of less then 20 registered legally for the street in the US .
    And prob less than 5 Original Factory LS or Lucky Strikes Edition bikes on the rd in the US.
    Only 6000 Original Miles on it.

List of mods:
    Tyga Racing complete exhaust system
    Tyga Wind Screen
    G.C.C. Kevlar Rear hugger
    G.C.C. Kevlar Chain Gaurd
    G.C.C Kevlar Rear-set Gaurds
    Upgraded SAPC to UK Spec Ignition
    Upgraded from 32mm to 34mm UK Spec Carbs Jetted for the Tyga Chambers.
    Brisk Racing Plugs
    RK Chain
    Michelin Pilot tires

14. soarertt

15. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

While talking about plated two strokes, I have my '09 shape RS125 plate/registered for the streets here in the US/

16. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I've got one of those critters in my garage right now, waiting for the 500 install kit.

Hopefully that will arrive before too long and I can get back to irritating the neighbors. I figure their kids scream and dogs bark, so my toys can make that nasty swarm of angry bees sound in reply.

It is fairly easy to get a real plate for just about anything in WA. Make it look safe, make the lights work, and take it to a state police inspection location. If they feel it is safe and roadworthy, congratulations, here is your new VIN.

17. soarertt

I actually used the VIN on the bike, nothing re-issused

One day I'll stop dreaming and 500 swap the bike. The noise must be incredible in person

18. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

it's a 22 i believe.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Danged if I didn't see another. Pics when I get home from the ride.

20. Philip_37

Philip_37 No soup for you!

I think you are right. The vj23 has side by side pipes.