1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo, Stoner fan boys!

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jun 20, 2011.

1. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I read that Rossi is using a new engine with the GP11.1. It sounded like it was a different case, but the same (updated) internals. Nicky has already used 4 engines, and this is why he is only getting the step 2 chassis (softer than the step 1 chassis (first revision), but still using the GP11 cases). Nicky is scheduled to get the GP11.1 at Laguna based on engine projections and schedules.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

JB stated at the outset the motor was a big part of the problem with the chassis.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

WTF??? :Poke:

He could break bones, much like PedBot has, or Vale did last year, after all, he's on track with Simo. :p

Or his PMS could return. :eek:

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Anyone think that this is a sign that Rossi/Ducati is giving up the fight this season? :Poke:

I know in F1, when the moment comes that the team thinks they're out of it they'll switch their focus to next years car by running test parts that aren't necessarily optimal for the current setup. Ducati might be writting of this year and use the rest of the season to test solutions to next year's bike.

5. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

I think it's more of a sign that they have the GP12 to a point they like, time to throw as much resources as they can at this season to do well. Can't have Rossi on a Ducati not doing well at Mugello. Can you imagine the uproar from Italian fans?

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So basically, this thread was started to tell us that he'll be holding down 8th on a new bike? Rock on! :rock:

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

For the year? Maybe

At Mugello?- I see podium. :beer:

8. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

you know this testing parts for next year's rule changes idea didnt work out too well for Repsol back with Nicky and Pedro in 06...
    Of course that brought about the damned if you do damned if you dont chorus of "why is nicky testing new parts in a championship hunt?" and "why isnt nicky getting the new parts?"

i hope the races get get more exciting. aside from the rain coming in its been kinda a snoozer this season for the lead...

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

well if stoner was able to win on it, and rossi cant ride it, whats that make him?

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

A bresaola?

11. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

all.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

This is all true! And we can only hope! :D

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

You got that right.....

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Stoner didn't win so much on "this" bike. He was doing much better on the old trellis framed bike, and won his championship the year that Ducati had better electronics than everyone else.

15. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Well-Known Member

"The PIT maneuver is a method by which one Simoncelli pursuing a pussy like Stoner or Pedrosa forces the pursued vehicle to abruptly turn sideways to the direction of travel, causing the rider to lose control and crash".

(Words in bold have been changed to fit my agenda)

To me anyone in front of Marco is a pussy, they are not trying to win a race they are just trying to get away from him and his battering ram, road warrior, pit maneuvering El Pollo Loco bike.

:Poke:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  16. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Well, today I learned you're a pussy if you are sick...

17. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

!

So speezluvr would you call stoner a pussy to his face I think not.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yes, he would.

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

yes I would

20. He is getting an evolution of the bike with changes that he requested. Im pretty sure thats called development.