1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YEC Kit ECU Expert required

Discussion in 'Tech' started by wera_123, Jun 10, 2012.

1. wera_123

wera_123 Well-Known Member

Bike: 2011 R6

Is there a rule of thumb or advice when it comes to adjusting the "ram air correction". During practice? On the dyno? Currently set at "0"

2. wera_123

wera_123 Well-Known Member

Per YEC manual "Use only when the A/F diverges with increased vehicle speed"

I was definately seeing a different results from the dyno to the track at 100% throttle starting at 10k to 15k. I started making manual corrections to the primaries and it eventually drove the trim numbers from the AFR meter trim close to "0" and the rider was happy.

Thinking out load here:
    The plan it to optimize the AFR of the Dyno Tuesday and make adjustments during free practice on Friday. So in practice if I see the AFR trims at the upper RPM's at high speed go crazy I will adjust the "Ram Air Correction" value.
    Yep, I am in the deep end on this one and with only 1 test with the new team I got to start swimming fast!!!!!!!

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I would leave it at zero.. Not an expert, but mine came from someone who was, and it was zero.

4. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I'm definitely not a YEC expert but on the one and only R6 which I was able to datalog on track, it was for sure worth messing with the ram air comp. YMMV.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You should just hook up an O2 sensor to the bike and data log it while on the track. That'll tell you what is happening.

6. run1racing

run1racing Well-Known Member

Go to the forum on gravesport.com. Chuck is usually on to answer questions.