1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yec ecu question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by drop, Aug 15, 2018.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I've searched here. Simple question for the yec guys. Is it possible to run just a power commander auto tune wired in to my yec ECU. Or must I have a pc5 with the autotune combined to make it work. Reason I'm asking is, I had a guy Dyno my bike and used my laptop and software to do what needed done as far as tune goes, but I feel I'm leaving some on the table. He is a very well known drag race tuner and is excellent at what he does, just he hasn't had alot of time with the yec stuff. And looking at my map compared to my old rm racing map, and a livinggood map from a buddy's bike, mine is totally different. I can understand the differences as the livinggood map was piggybacked with a pc5. The RM racing map, was from a superstock motor he built and tuned at his shop. Im now running a stock motor and I know the map will and should be different, but I wouldn't think it'd be as different as it is.

Thanks in advance.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not sure I understand the question. Auto tune as is exists with DJ products is BS. Tune the ECU for the fuel you are using in the engine bolted into the bike and go race. Don’t overthink it.

Tuners piggyback PC5s on top of YEC because they offer more divisions of the axes on the fuel map, and because they are more comfortable with the interface, but correctly tuned standalone YEC boxes have won many professional races including the Daytona 200.

3. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

DJ autotune must be used in conjunction with a PCV, it is not a standalone item. And what RM said. Not too many reasons to piggyback a PCV onto a YEC box although some do it.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

that last map I saw made solely with DJ Autotune was terrible. the bike performed much better getting a proper dyno tune afterwards. IMO, if u have concerns about the map, just pay for another dyno tune with the tuner of your choice.

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

PCV solely for idle/start-up, would be about it. I like the simplicity of a sole YEC box.