1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha TZR250 or Aprilia RS250?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Kallisto, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Kallisto

Kallisto Active Member

Looking to get my next bike. Either a TZR250 or RS250. Which one would you prefer to get and why? Which one handles better? Thanks for the help! :)

2. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

why TZR and not a TZ ????? if you want the fastest, best handling out of those three its clearly a TZ 250.

3. Kallisto

Kallisto Active Member

I'm able to get a street legal tzr250, as well as a street legal aprilia rs250.

4. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I believe RS250 is better than the TZR250 because you can race it right out of the box unlike the TZR250.

5. WebDev511

WebDev511 Former U-2/A-10/RF-4 Fxer

The Priller has 15 years worth of engine development and is pretty easy to get near or over 70hp if you're willing.

The Yammy (provided it's the v-twin) on the other hand is a willing recpient of proper TZ parts. Crank, Rods, Heads, Cylinders, and lots of other go fast goodies bolt right in. I'm no expert in that field, but it is quite tempting to find out.

Either one will be a total blast on the track. You'll feel like an Ewok on one of those speeder cycles....

Light is RIGHT!