1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R1-Z for sale

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Mook, Mar 7, 2008.

1. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

Hey Freddy, if your really serious about one, Daniel is in London, we can help you sort it out.

The one you showed listed is currently $978 usd plus shipping.

We shipped his TZ 250 over earlier( overnite practically) for the MotoGP round at Indy, for $1200 with a lot of spares. This one will probably be around $850-900 shipping, plus duties. ( around $300-400) so you would in the $2200-2300 range at this point ( FOB to montreal) .

BTW Daniels uncle Live's on the IOM ( he rides the TT every year), will ask him if he knows the person advertising the link you attached. PM you later.

2. fredybender

fredybender Well-Known Member

Hey Mook, didn't wan't to upset you, or have your thread jacked, just wanted to share my findings...
    As for importing from the USA, I have a warehouse in NY...
    Got my reverse cyl. TZ from GA. in June, for a lot less than what you think...
    As for brokerage international fees, I do my own importing...

I.R. thanks for the help offer, I appreciate it!

Not saying that I'm a tire kicker, but I do have a budget, and I'm doing everything in my power, to get the most for my $...
    Well, I guess me & mook have that in common ;)

No harm meant, just researching my future investments...
    And I did not want to make my first post in your thread , as a "bitching" on price post...

Fred

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

sorry i took the comments the wrong way and got my pannies in a wad.
    as long as you are shopping-
    this one i took apart and resprayed the frame with epoxy.
    painted and or cleaned every part on it that needed it(or not)

had a dent in the tank fixed and had it resprayed to match.

painted the wheels. it is spotless inside and out.

it has 5000 original km and was a domestic jap bike but they are all the same to my knowledge.

this is the last of my grey market bikes.
    i've owned most of the popular ones and some not so popular or common.

Gilera CX, Honda 250 Hornet,CBR250RR mot of the 250 strokers and many of the 400's . i have a parts manual for the R1-Z should you go to the trouble of buying one from merry'ol. mines closer and by the way you never made a offer. IF your going to import a bike from england consider the SDR200

4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

hallelujah and pass the biscuits!

SOLD!!!!