1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Champions Riding School

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I am all about the school except when it comes to people that beat me in the classes I race in. Sorry Eddie, you can't go. I don't need people already crushing me to get even faster. :D

5axis and ekraft84 like this.
  2. Chip

Chip Registered

Great seeing you this weekend Steve!

Tyler is going to go far as long as beer and girls don't side track him.....lol!

3. Chip

Chip Registered

He's retired.....

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Do It. It will alter the way you approach, ride, & control a motorcycle forever.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe I can learn to wheelie finally :D

Wheel Bearing and beac83 like this.
  6. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

If you had to prioritize YCRS or CE boot camp, which one and why?

7. Chip

Chip Registered

That's a good one! Since I went to YCRS before I went to the boot camp, I guess YCRS first! The reason....YCRS is on big bikes and CE Bootcamp is on mini's.

I do a lot of mini stuff. Mini's on asphalt and dirt. I believe that mini's are the best way to practice your skills in a virtually consequence free environment. Teaching road racing skills on little dirt bikes has merit, but I don't think its as valuable as teaching road racing skill on a road racing bike, on a road racing track.

JTW and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hell Yeah and a seriously impressive flatracker too!

neckbrace likes this.
  9. Chip

Chip Registered

Most impressive kid I have seen at his age since Jake Lewis.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've done YCRS twice (well actually 1.5 times:eek:) and CEBootCamp.....YCRS is all about controlling the multiple various factors of the bike, I thought I knew how to trail brake before I went but I was way wrong. Kyle Wyman gave me a personal demonstration that helped fix that. Colin's school is less structured and spends more time managing the whole bike, if that makes any sense....plus hanging for 4 days with CE and his staff at the camp is a hoot. Both are worth it if you can afford the coin...if only one is possible I would opt for YCRS for skills improvement or CEBC for good times.

Attached Files:

Boman Forklift and Chip like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well written...Motofun352