1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha champions riding school.

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Aug 14, 2016.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Has anyone here done the single day "champ day" Class? If so what are your thoughts?

BigBird likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I was wondering about this myself. Anyone?

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If Wyman is involved I am sure it's well worth it and then some....

Chip and KWyman133 like this.
  4. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

This or CSS-can't do both-so subscribed!

Thatdudeguybro likes this.
  5. Having done 3 levels of the CSS, including the extensive 2-day camp, it is a no brainer. YCRS.

Those 2 schools shouldn't even be in the same sentence or discussion.

6. britx303

So,you did YCRS. What was better about them compared to CSS?

7. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

It looks like they're at NYST the next two days.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

YCRS over CSS any day of the week. YCRS, essentially, gives you "all the tools in the tool box" straight from the get go. CSS makes you take the different levels of instruction, and you have to start at the first one.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

The difference, Ken Hill and Isnatch. :)
    I've met lots of fast guys over the years, most can't tell you how they go fast, they just do it, Ken and company can break it down to small details. There's a reason he's working with guys that are winning MotoAmerica races. I've known lots of people that have worked with YCRS and they have all become better smarter riders/racers.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

So how's the champ school?

noles19 likes this.
  11. CSS has great instructors and it's a great bunch of people who run that place. But it's definitely geared towards starting from square one and teaching you their way. Which for the majority of people is great. Through corner working for them I've made some friends with a couple of the instructors and they've helped me with my riding but definitely not in the schools direction. Definitely no hate towards CSS but I think their program is too ridged for a lot of us.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Kyle took me for a 2-up ride on the school's FZ1....Wanted me to watch his fingers on the brake lever...Had trouble keeping my eyes open:eek:...damn we were movin'! Just kidding, learned a lot about braking technique that talking wasn't teaching me but showing worked wonders.
    My point is the instructors were paying attention, they could see I was struggling and came up with an alternate method to teach. I can't say I'm automatically faster but I am MUCH more relaxed at speed which in itself helps a lot.

13. Nope, but I have heard alot about it and have been friends with one of the guys on the staff for several years.

CSS starts out VERY basic, as in along the lines of the STT Novice curriculum for new track riders. From there it progresses, but they don't get into the finer details of high performance riding. Then there is the whole braking while completely vertical thing.

I'm not bashing the CSS at all. I still use some of the fundamentals they teach like proper vision, the "knee to knee" on the gas tank trick when managing chicanes, etc. I just think overall their ideology is dated.

If somebody was just coming off the streets, it would be great. For a racer looking to gain that extra 1-2sec, it's not the school of choice IMO.

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I haven't been to the Champ Day program, but have gone to YCRS 2-day school a few times. Every time I learn more.
    I also have taken CSS Levels 1 and 2 back in the day.

For me, the YCRS program was more productive (YMMV). I would expect their one-day program (Champ Day) to be a condensed version of their two-day Champ School, and well worth the price.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know and like people at both schools and both are great at what they do. If you're looking to go faster racing, YCRS is the one.

beac83 likes this.
  16. britx303

Youve been a "FEW" times???? Dang,you must not have a wife and kids??:p

17. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

I done the CCS school a long time back, even brought the twist of the wrist book in the 90's. But that was before I found out a lot of what is taught in CCS is taken straight out of L.Ron.Hubbard Dianetics teaching. I'm sure all the guy's that work at CCS are really cool dude's and do a great job teaching.

But anyone that is supportive of the Cult of Scientology, and its evil practices of breaking up families and scamming people out of money does not get my support. http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/Part06/Chp24/pg0417-e.html http://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/meet-a-scientologist-keith-code.html

Just doing these courses http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/keith-code.html and the award he was given. He must have sunk a couple million dollars into this cult. That and they got him on the hook to do the OTVIII course twice. Just Google scientology 'SuperPowers" OK, sorry for bagging on Keith Code, if I get a ban for this I'll take it on the chin. Not sure if I have offended anyone's choice of religion(cult) here.

18. britx303

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Keith Code used to ride a "Dianetics" sponsored bike. Or at least that was plastered all over it.

20. condon66

condon66 Member well known