1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT GPX Pro Install help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by misterwaterfall, Aug 6, 2012.

1. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

After struggling a bit with the installation of my new GPX, I thought I would ask for help. The installation manual is basically a postcard so that was little help.

What I am wondering is: where should I be getting the inputs for the additional data inputs IE throttle sensor, RPM, water temp, ect. Can I pull these right from the ECU leads and run them up to the dash? Or is there an easy place to get them typically? Looking at the wiring schematic for my 09 zx6r I can find some of them going into the gauge cluster but not TPS, RPM ect.

Thanks for the help! :rock:

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You can get them right at the gauges typically - RPM, TPS, etc.

XT has a good support forum as well, if you haven't checked it out.

3. misterwaterfall

I actually missed their forum so thank you, I will have a look there and see if I can find out what the heck I'm doing here

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

you should be able to download the complete manual online from their website too.

way more than a post card's worth of stuff too if i remember correctly.

5. misterwaterfall

I got the manual, well a manual. About 100 pages worth of mostly set up type stuff as far as the software goes, but not a whole lot on the installation process in terms of how to wire it. Of course it's not the most complicated job but electronics aren't my strong suit.

6. juni315

juni315 Well-Known Member

Give them call. They are very helpfull, they emailed me a schematic with arrows pointing to each wire I needed to use. Very easy after that.