1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF are the Iraqis thinking?!?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

News reports are that large Iraqi units are moving SE out of Bagdad AND Basra.

I can almost understand if the RG has to reposition troops to face the Marines coming in to town from the SE corner of the city, but WHY are the Iraqis moving down into a trap of the penisnsula?

Goofy bastards, oh well, the air guys are picking them apart. :rolleyes:

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I'm betting...

...this report turns out to be false. NFW do they want to face us in the open.

I think about 20 JSOWS should take care of them...but I've always been an Air Force guy :)

http://www.raytheon.com/products/jsow/

I'm sure the Apaches will want their fair share, as will the A-10's, Strike Eagles, -16's, -18's, Harriers, then there are the tankers, and finally the light armored wanting to prove their mettle. All will probably get a share so they each can justufy their spending priorities. come budget time

So few targets, so many weapons....

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

To inflict casualties on the coalition. They must think that if we lose 1 for every 30 or even 100 of theirs, that we will tire. One thing Saddam has is cannon fodder... unfortunately.
    What he should do, if he was smart (and insane) is draw in the US troops, close with them in hand to hand, and then either Germ bomb both sides or shell with everything he's got both sides. Sick, but would be effective.

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yeah that would be "effective". But THIS is only going to be a shooting gallery.
    :eek:
    I just hope that they get a positive ID that these are tanks and PCs and not trucks full of civilians that the thugs drove out to get slaughtered...
    :(

5. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

The trucks will be full of "irregulars", if in civilian attire. They may be very unlucky.... irregulars, but none the less.....

I have the same feeling, James. Why?

Their best place is nested in an urban area among civilians.

Their WORST place is in the open. That's like bashing our fists with their face. :confused:

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What if they have a nuke with them?

Just Wondering,

Darrin Talbott

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will be a cakewalk. I'm sure
    Saddam doesn't expect to win, but with his mindset he'll probably want to go out in a blaze of evil... something really treacherous.

8. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

I've been thinking the same thing. Kind of a scary thought, but the guy is a loon, so who can say what his plans are.
    Merle

9. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

As in...

"Step into my parlour", said the spider to the fly.

10. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

They figure since they've got God on their side, how can they lose? And if they die, they become martyrs and earn a bunch of virgins in heaven.

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

From a text I'm reading on the history of Iraq:

In 634 AD Iraq was being overrun by Arab Muslims. The first battle of their (the Muslims) campaign was known as Dhat Al-Salasil (the battle of the Chains). It was named that because Persian soldiers were reputedly chained together when they were capured. Muslims offered the inhabitants of Iraq an ultimatum: "Accept the faith and you are safe; otherwise pay tribute. If you refuse to do either, you have only yourself to blame. A people is already upon you, loving death as you love life".

Not much seems to have changed.

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Guess I was wrong....

I forgot about the good old tried and true "carpet bomb with B-52" approach lol.....

Reports are the convoy has been decimated.