1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB Used Kids Leathers

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ekraft84, Feb 3, 2020.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

For a 9 year old. Interested in anything that may fit.

Thanks.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Did you ever find anything for your request Eddie?

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nothing yet Darrin.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My only suggestion would be to call K&J Racing solutions in Louisiana. They carry some kids suits that are reasonable.

I got my son's first set of gloves from Chris Ulrich. He sells Furygan, and his price is pretty reasonable for new suit. Half of what I paid for my son's current Heroic suit.

STG's got A-Star's and Heroic are both on the high end for suits.

That's all I got...wish I could help, Sir.

5. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Eddie msg me the height of your kid. I might have one if my little approves lol

ekraft84 likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Me too. I would just let you borrow them and then send em back?

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Renting is even more preferred Rob! That's what we did with the Anthony family. Just sent them back, which worked out great.

8. Boman Forklift

How tall is your son and how much does he weigh? Tyler's smallest pair are the old Alpine Stars Youth leathers. He was already pretty big when we started so I think his were XL but they might be L? He wore them for 3 years or so. Then he had a growth spurt and had 3 different sets within 12 months....LOL

I've kept every set, because I plan to hang them up across the wall at my new shop.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

4'6" or so. He's pretty lean for his height (athletic type build), but I forget his exact weight. Do you remember how tall Tyler was when he worse those AStars?

Thanks.

10. Boman Forklift

No. I remember he was much larger than Gabriel Hernandez and Jason Aguilar who both started the month before we did. I think they started with Alpine star small or mediums. I would guess around 4ā€™8 to 5? Is your son small or large for his age?

Iā€™m just under 6ft tall and my wife is 5ā€™7ā€.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He's about average I'd say - 4'8 would probably work. Willing to give it a shot and pay you for shipping, if that works for ya.

12. Boman Forklift

Get me your address and I will send them out. You may have to clean them, I would say they have been in the trailer/garage/work and haven't been used since about 2010-11. Might need to condition them with some lotion.

ekraft84 likes this.
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

As long as there's no mice in them, willing to give it a shot. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. Tim_B730

Tim_B730 Active Member

Eddie - if you need a more permanent solution, let me know, Langbros Leathers & Moto Gear are surprisingly inexpensive for a custom 1 piece suit (~$250) which works fine for kart tracks.

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The boy pulling a metalhead and coming out of retirement?:D

ekraft84 likes this.