1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB Honda RS125 NX4 (after 95) in SoCal

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by hungping, Mar 31, 2021.

1. hungping

hungping Member

Hi everyone. I am in LA and looking to buy a RS125 NX4. Seeing several recent posts in East, but not many sales in SoCal. If anyone is selling please let me know. I am new here in this forum but I have been collecting motorcycles for sometime.

Thank you.
    Ben

2. AssClown

AssClown Well-Known Member

Reach out to TSO - Technical Sports One down near San Diego. If Leonard there doesn't have some for sale himself, he might have leads to some available in the Socal area.

3. hungping

hungping Member

Thanks for the information, it's very much appreciated. I will surely check TSO. Thanks

4. xTomKx

xTomKx Well-Known Member

I have 98 for sale but I am on the east coast

5. hungping

hungping Member

thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find it local to avoid shipping cost. Thank you again for reaching out.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think you would have better luck searching the Bay Area. A lot more 2 strokes up there. Check out the BARF forum.

7. hungping

hungping Member

Thank you for the suggestion; it is very helpful. Yes I check it constantly. hopefully will find one soon

motion likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, both RS125's and the Moriwaki I bought for my kid ended up coming from out of state as did many of our other racebikes. A lot of them from this website. We live here in California too.

I found, the slight cost of shipping generally was made up for with either a better price or a better bike? Generally $4-600 with U-ship, if you don't take the first computer generated shipping offers. These prices are from 07-13, so I don't know how much different it is now, but I did pay $1000-1200 to ship a BMW M5 from NY to LA 2 or 3 years ago.

I bought bikes out of Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, New York and the pacific northwest.

I find that racers shipping a bike will truthfully be "your eyes" and describe everything in detail. Versus when you go to look at something, and they keep quiet and let you find the flaws.

I bought a bike out of the Bay Area SBK SV650, that wasn't as described on the BARF Forum, looked like shit and I really wanted to turn around and go home without it, but just drove 7 hours so I was already invested. :D I had been looking for a SBK SV650 that off season, and the season was starting and I had to get something quickly.

It was a cam swap, flatslide, frontend swap bike as described, but it had super crappy bodywork and paint, which you couldn't see in the horrible pictures. Plus I couldn't ride it, just started it, and it ran so I took it home. Changed oil, tires, and maybe the chain and did a general check over.

Two days later we are at the AFM opener in Buttonwillow and it is way down on power. Ask Zoran and a few other guys about it and since Tyler was coming up from a RS125 they were thinking maybe he wasn't holding it wide open? He thought he was, but hadn't ever ridden anything big and heavy like that and didn't really know for sure. We tried a couple things and he just raced his Moriwaki and RS125 that weekend.

On the Monday after that event, we went to a Thunderhill trackday and I was working on it, trying to figure out the problem. Turns out Elena Meyers dad, Matt, says I think it is only running on one cylinder. We had been running singles for so long, it didn't sound weird to me and no one noticed it sounding weird at Buttonwillow during the weekend? Bought sparkplugs and that didn't fix it, and then learned about SV's sometimes having connection issues between the spark plug wires and the caps. Fixed that and Tyler said, yea now it feels a bunch quicker, so he was right he was holding it wide open. :crackup: