1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: FZR400 carbs

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shift96, Mar 26, 2024.

1. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a functioning set of carbs?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

400 carb stuff got to be a pain finding or replacing. I’ve swapped all mine to 600 carbs. Opened the doors to finding misc bits easier/cheaper etc. YMMV. Good luck and Congrats on getting a 400:clap:

3. shift96

Thanks bud. All I've ever heard was 600 carbs on 400 is a jetting nightmare but I have zero experience actually doing it. Is it pretty straightforward?

4. britx303

I’ve heard this too, but I didn’t really have any major issues. Honestly I wussed out and did a factorypro 600 kit, and it worked very well on a stock 400 engine , stock airbox but 600 intake snorkel. It’s been a few years already but I do believe I had to use the 600 carb mounts

5. shift96

Was it just a regular off the shelf Factory pro kit?

6. britx303

Yep, basically. and replace those emulsion tubes with the plated fp ones. It’s cleaned up several sets of carbs for a few of us.

7. britx303

Did I buy a bare 400 frame from you a couple years ago? I bought one from someone here but can’t remember who.

8. shift96

Probably lol. I lost track I've had so many 400 deals lol. But I think you did actually

9. shift96

Ok cool I picked up a set of 600 carbs. I'll give them a try.

10. britx303

Found the box for the kits I’ve used. Sorry, we just moved and still going through garage setup, but found it now. Has the part number, info etc on what I’m using on all the fzr’s. It simplified things for when it’s hard to get to a dyno or street test runs. Good luck!!

Attached Files:

11. shift96

Got it so you're running pods and no air box?

12. britx303

The 4/6 no air box but velocity stacks. The 400 has the airbox, 600 intake snorkel but no filter

13. shift96

Cool got it thanks Brit!

14. shift96

Really cool having another 400 back in the stable. And it's a 90!

fzrkidd likes this.
  15. macbook

macbook Well-Known Member

Did you find a carb? I have a 1wg carb that I had cleaned and rebuilt (replaced everything except floats). Added a FactoryPro jet kit as well with extra jets. Ran it in the shop a few times and thats it. For sale if ya want them. I now have rrsp carbs.

16. shift96

Yep still interested. I'll pm you