1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wsbk

Discussion in 'General' started by Biggboi, May 29, 2017.

1. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

Am i crazy or what i don't think I've heard 1 word about stephen bradl this whole season what gives how's he doing!

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

terrible... that's why you haven't heard... he's typically been at the back of the pack. something something red bull honda

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He's on the Honda so he ain't doing well.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably because his results have been pretty lackluster. He usually hovers around mid-pack most races. He's sitting 12th in points at the moment.

His name is Stefan BTW :)

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Did you look at the post? I don't think he's worried much about detail.:D

6. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

Damn that bike is that bad i thought it was the new hype!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Honda is not all that bad, just that all the others are better.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Except the Suzuki, which apparently isn't good enough to make the grid.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

'Toe is gonna need a map!

JustaNobody likes this.
  10. Very good and accurate way to put it.

Had this Honda came out in 2010, it would have set the world on fire. The only competition it would have had back then was the BMW (back then the RSV4 and Suzuki only made 165-168hp, the ZX10 and Panigale didn't exist, and the R1 was a complete turd).

It isn't that there is anything "wrong" with the Honda per se, but in 2017, all the other bikes are better.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. It will be.

They (Suzuki) made a conscious decision to not race in WSBK this year, instead they are using all of the National series to develop the new bike. Then they will enter WSBK in 2018.

The new bike wasn't ready until late (just like the new Honda), so they would have been "behind the 8 ball" trying to race the new bike in WSBK this year. The only thing worse than not racing the all-new bike in WSBK is racing the all-new bike in WSBK and sucking ass.

Much better to spend a year developing the new bike in the National series around the world and then enter WSBK with all their ducks in a row and (hopefully) immediately be competitive.

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I don't think there attempting to make a comeback until next year. Gotta get the recalls ironed out first

notbostrom likes this.
  13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I believe the rumor was Suzuki had actually finished the bike early but Kawasaki owned the proprietary rights to being the first to running the Showa BFF Gas front forks so Zuk delayed the bike by a year.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

How am I supposed troll the Suzuki fan boys if you all are going to brings facts into this?

aalpine1 likes this.
  15. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I blame people like you that don't include his name in the title of a thread that is about him. ;)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Same way the rest of us do.

Relentlessly. :D

2blueYam and turbulence like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So who's gonna get the WSBK seats for next year since they apparently plan on running a team?

19. Hacking and Fong.

notbostrom likes this.
  20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Where do you get all your insider information from? ;)