1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK @ Laguna

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think price gouging with gas would be different. People need fuel to get around/survive. People don't need to book a hotel and see a race.

Now wanting to see the race is a different story :beer:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It doesn’t matter if you book now or not. They’ll just cancel you and book somebody else at the higher rate closer to event time.

stk0308 likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And yes, price gouging as a crime, is only in times of emergency. Any other time it’s just supply and demand.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

After the legal smackdown they got there 15years ago i doubt it. But you never know...sometimes you cant fix stupid...

stk0308 likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They do it almost every year based on the article in RRW

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Stay in Santa Cruz (specifically the Santa Cruz Beach Inn). It's a 45 minute ride/drive to the track. Nice place, very reasonable rates, good pool, and only one block from the beach.

At night, you can walk down to the beach, stoke up a bonfire, and party w/the local ho-dads and transient crust punks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Canadian Bacon likes this.
  7. BS, what do you think I’m supposed to do, camp? :)

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

No, I think you should take that money the hotel wants and enter the race!! :D

9. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

You guys should look into airbnb places . Split the costs , would be fairly cheap. There are places you can get for less than $ 300 a night that sleep 6 .

10. I’d be better off adding it to a pool for someone else to race. I’ve realized I’m much more successful doing that :). For the record I love camping just not in a field of people. I’d rather camp where you have to seal your tent so snakes don’t get in and sleep with a gun in case of wild animals. I’m sure variants of both can be found at a race though :1)

11. This. Airbnb even for just 2 people is still better than being raped by a hotel.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes but isnt that kind of a paradox for Monterey? The residents dont want the "races" or "crowds" or "traffic"... let alone peasants stinking up their spare bedrooms! :D

13. I pull off the non peasent character pretty well when needed.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I have been to Laguna probably 30 times , never found the people to be anything but decent. Stayed in a rental house last year it was great. People on here seem to just want to find excuses not to go. It reminds me of where I work , the first year I was there I asked coworkers about the Christmas party, They all told me it sucked. So I decided to check it out myself, it was great , turns out the people that said it sucked were all disgruntled asses.

418, TX Joose and TLR67 like this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not here.... no way!!!!:crackup:

418 and Banditracer like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With the amount of foreign tourists in town to see whales, the aquarium, 17 mile dr., an pebble beach an driving like butt heads they're happy to deal with the m/c peeps

17. TurboBlew

Ive only been about 5 times. 3 to spectate and 2 to ride. Tent camped everytime and had a blast.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

To the people that camp..does the facility allow use of their facilities (showers etc)?

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

When we visited in 2002-2005, they had portable showers and toilets in the major campgrounds.

20. TurboBlew

of course. SCRAMP brings in additional facilities.
    The park ones have a push button shower. The trucked in units are conventional.