1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2017 | Round 2 | Thailand| 10-12 Mar

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Well........that was a clinic

2. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Those excuses get really old. Ten Kate is a professional race team. If you can't get a freaking bike until 2 weeks before the season maybe it's time to rethink who supplies your bike.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Dude, what it takes to design and build all the parts, plus modify the frame, tank etc., plus get the outsourced parts like swingarms built...

PLUS TEST ALL OF THAT SHIT

takes a long time. This isn't slap a box of shit from sportbiketrackgear (no offence, love those peeps) onto your new ride.

4. Knotcher

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So Rea has won the championship every year since joining Kawasaki right?

6. evil smile

evil smile Well-Known Member

Ill ask this again. What is there to develope? Its the same exact frame and motor is it? same bore and block? A new gas tank is not gonna give them a second and i doubt the old bike was so aerodynamically retarded that they are gonna gain a second out of that. They are essentially running the same exact core of a bike arent they?

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think so...Spies in 09, Biaggi 10, Checca 11, Biaggi 12, Sykes 13, Guintolli 14, Rea 15 and 16.

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

It's not like start of the season was moved up unexpectedly. Honda committed to a new bike. I'm sure that's a multi-year process, but I guess they can't get their shit together in time for the season. Honda had languished in WSBK for years and they should be embarrassed....

9. Knotcher

LOL. No.

10. Knotcher

Wait, now you are talking about Honda. Before you were talking about Ten Kate. Which one are we talking about?

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

According to the post I initially quoted, Ten Kate got the bikes very shortly before the season opener. If true, they need to rethink their association with Honda. Ten Kate seems to be a very professional, well run team(they've been title contenders for years)....their choice of bike blows tho...

sbk1198 likes this.
  12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Absolutely! Chaz said post race 1 that Rea had more in reserve towards the end but didn't need it.

13. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

The only thing that Honda turd will be battling for this year is to get into Superpole 2.

badmoon692008 and sbk1198 like this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Didn't read the whole thread, but im sure it has been said....After watching most of the lst race, i fell asleep. That has to be the worst track ever, anywhere...may be worse than Nelson.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sucks for PJ, but with Sofa Glue and Cluzel getting no points, it could be worse. He is still 10 up on both of them.

What were the odds that Rolfo would have be leading the points after two rounds?

16. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

If you didnt watch the Supersport race you need to...holy shit good race!

Can't believe they're doing away with that class

cpettit likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

New engine internals is not a new gas tank. Do a bit of research before you post up this crap.

Flyboy: Do you think there is a line at Ten Kate's door offering factory support and money to go Superbike racing? You are either trolling or completely overestimating the money flowing into teams for World Superbike these days.

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Sofoglu has to be laughing his a$$ at these guys

19. I agree with this. I don't expect new bikes to be out front race 1 but if you are a company really serious about racing getting teams base bikes a couple weeks before the season is not going to cut it in most cases. Part of the timing plan should have the timing of the race season taken into account. I know car OEMs do that quite often, they are mostly pre production units but they make it so that they are technically units that are salable to the public. Why commit all those resources and money to go racing knowing you are starting way behind? I'm not a Honda guy per day but I want them to do well, it's good for the sport to have any oem win on any given day.

20. Was crazy as always, always in my top 3 classes in any series.