1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrist Fusion

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Jul 22, 2016.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Call up Dr. Xavier Mir in Barcelona........he seems to get all the GP riders back on the bike pretty quick.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Oh, and good luck. One of my best friends has struggled with wrist issues due to an injury. Multiple surgeries and is still, like you, struggling to decide if fusion is going to be worth it.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

IIRC They took out a bone or something

Say Lil Dani sent you :eek:

Seriously though, wonder how much it would cost, and how easily is it to even get an appointment.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Didn't they put an artificial Scaphoid in his wrist? I think it was destroyed like mine is. Might be kind of hard to see but the scaphoid is in 3 or 4 pieces with the screw still ran through it.

[​IMG]

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Nicky Hayden Has Wrist Operation
    http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/17/drive-m7-aspar-motogp-rider-nicky-hayden-has-wrist-operation

"removal of several bones in the wrist, including the scaphoid..... “At some point,” he said, “I’m going to need a bigger surgery to fix the problem. With that, I’ll lose more movement, so that’s why I don’t want to do it too soon. It’s what James Toseland did: take out all the bones and fuse the wrist. You have no pain, but you can’t move it”

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

"Destroyed" is a relative term ..

7. grasshopper

My scaphoid being in 3 or 4 pieces is destroyed. I can still ride, I can still brake and twist the thottle, I can still shoot a wrist shot and a slap shot playing hockey. The question is can "You" live with a little pain or are you willing to go through the whole surgery process again? Regardless... Let us know what you decide to do. It sucks trust me I know but nobody is getting any younger around here. The setbacks from surgery suck for work and personal time.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's great. It's part of the gig and I didn't want to get into comparing one person's wrist to another - or advice on surgery. I'm merely looking for people who have gone through a wrist fusion.

Thanks.

9. grasshopper

Oh Okay sorry for trying to have a conversation with you about it. Have a nice day Eddie.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You too. I seem to have a problem reading your posts without getting rubbed the wrong way. That's on me.

Have a good weekend.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got an extra lacrosse stick I could send you. White head, white mesh and a purple and yellow rubberized shaft with cartoon monkeys and bananas on it. :D

But the way your wrists sound, DR. Dave might try and talk you out of it. You throw wrong and your hands might fly off.

ekraft84 likes this.