1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow..this is gonna be a mess..

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pixelator, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am not Constitutional Lawyer but I don't see where one cannot use coding to reflect one's beliefs or likes? And how this would promote Christianity specially if the people using it, knew nothing about the message?

How does this work? Well I guess that I must thank ABC. Now I know what 4:6 & 8:12
    mean.

This is classic: from the article referenced above:

Once again, it is our fault.

As an Atheist. I apologize for assholes in my denomination.:D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:down:Great, besides being grossly overpriced, ACOGs have bible sh## written on them. I'll stick to Eotech (L3). That's pretty retarded on Trijicon's part. Not as retarded as their pricing but close.

Fear not, our boys and girls have plenty of other optics to zap badguys with. :up:

4. Chip

Chip Registered

Its a private company. They can imprint what ever they want on thier products.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Of course, if those "codes" caused the sights to miss to the right then I would have a problem with them. :)

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I say we go back to dipping bullets in pigs' blood.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I guess he forgot to add a bible passage on his airplane's fuselage... Oh the irony.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Incendiary pig's blood.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

No irony. Shit happens, to good and bad people, everyday.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I agree completely, thus the complete absurdity of refering to the bible on their product, it doesn't make it better or good (their hope I guess). They were free to do it but it is still utter idiocy.

11. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Not when they are selling them to the US Government under contract. If they wanted to put a religious script on it, they should have referenced Jules.

Attached Files:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Idiocy for the DOD to field it. Bigger idiocy to pay what they do for it.:moon:

PS: Hope this blows over soon or Trijicon just removes the stupid. It's a great optic that troops seem to like. It's not the only one and I don't think it's even the most in use. Aimpoint has that title.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  13. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

They are treading in sticky waters when selling to the government. The enemy has already called a JIhad on us so I don't think the bible verses make much hay with them.

This is a christian country founded by christians...deal with it.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I did not know they were claiming, enhance performance throught text (code).

I just don't see anything wrong with using influence or belief in assigning a code.

This is nothing more than wasted effort by people that have nothing better to do. I bet they all work for non-profit groups or enteties subsidized by other people money, providing to real product in return unlike the manufacturer in question.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did you hear that on TV or just come up with that on your own?

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When the ragheads stop yelling Allah Akbar before they denotate themselves and a bunch of innocents (or our troops), I'll start to consider what some miscellaneous letters of engraving mean...otherwise...tough sh*t for them.:down:

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Who gives a fuck what is inscribed on them. Most of the troops probably didn't have a clue about it being there.

I would bet there were B-17s with religious references on their fusealages in WWII. It probably looked good right up to the point they slammed into the European turf.

The difference being we didn't have so many whiney assed atheist back then.

That being said, if it becomes a big deal then the company should take the shit off the optics and shut the fuck up if they want to sell to the government.

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Then the Government can stop buying them, but once again, it is a private company and they can stamp what ever they want on their product.

19. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

True, however when you contract to build within certain specs and then you purposely violate the terms of the contract you lose your contract and/or some form or remedy. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I believe it was 8 billion contract. That's not exactly a minor contract to lose. Why would you (not you personally Chip) risk losing a contract like that by trying to hide a religious message for a the previous owner who has since passed away?

20. Chip

Chip Registered

A stamp does not change the spec...this is media sensationalism.

People blow themselves (and innocents) up for thier god, I think risking an 8 million contract is fairly tame...