1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worse kept secret ever. Crutchlow to Ducati

Discussion in 'General' started by Macon663, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

WORST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/23536326

Isn't it a damn shame that a guy riding the best he ever has knowingly leaves a bike that is miles better than the bike hes going to because presumably hes getting paid a ton of more money? To ride around in mediocrity for the next 2 years?

God thats depressing for a fan.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

gotta make that money. racers cant race forever.

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Sadness.

4. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

good for him! Make some big money! Someone has to do it, why not Crutchlow?

5. Nope, not a shame at all.

Like i talked about before, this is his life and his future. Everybody wants to win, obviously. But at the same time, you are always one corner away from being unable to work again...ever. You HAVE to make sure your future is secure, as soon as possible.

He isnt going to win a Championship with Tech3.
    He isnt going to get a Factory Yamaha seat.

So why run around in 4th and 5th making $xx when you can ride around in 6th and 7th and make $xxx?

It makes perfectly good sense to me.

6. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

Ask anyone 2mil sound a lot better than 200k

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Tardozzi maybe headed back as well. That's interesting in itself. Audi have the money and engineering capability of Honda. So the next few years could be interesting.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is wonderful. I'm liking this matter how it turns out. If it works out and he wins a dry race on that bike, it will cause some heads to explode in Uccioland. If, more predictably, this turns into a failure, I can't wait for him to come to the realization that he willingly walked away from a bike that can win.

9. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

A bike that can win... but to play devil's advocate, do you think he can win on it?

10. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^On the Yamaha or the Ducati?

On the Ducati - never
    On the Yamaha - 99% never so maybe...

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He can't win on any bike. So it's irrelevant.

He can beat one or two healthy aliens on any given weekend. He can't beat all four of them.

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I meant on the yami. Don't be silly, no one can win on the Duc. Well, no one still in the game :D

Fair enough

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

How dare he make a rational life decision. Dumb fothermucker.

14. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Just saying it would be nice if the Ducati wasn't a piece of shit so he wasn't only leaving for the money.

Don't tell me I'm crazy for liking athletes who love what they're doing and who they're doing it for. When was the last time anyone said, "oh yea, I love so and so! They're getting a huge pay check even though they suck! (or their bike sucks)" I feel like the answer is never.

I totally understand what you're saying about being one corner away, securing financial future, and I totally agree. Just sucks to see this happen year after year after year with Ducati recently. Its a huge joke at this point.

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

He likely knows this already.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Colin? Ben? I love both those bastards, but ain't neither one got a snowballs chance in hell of winning with their current steeds.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

At least when he bitches about the bike it'll be legit.

18. Chip

Chip Registered

In a cunning move of strategy, Ducati hires Honda (Dovi) and Yamaha's (Crutchlow) second string riders in hopes of beating Honda and Yamaha's first string riders!

Because if Dovi can't win on a Factory Honda and Crutchlow can't win on a Yamaha, clearly they will cruise to victory on a Ducati.

Brilliant!

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, you're Nicky Hayden and you just found out that...

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, they all secretly think they are the next Stoner. :D