1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK-MotoAmerica | Laguna Seca | July 12-14 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Watching Live T&S as always...Garrett is a BadBadMan.

turner38 likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Well that was working good until about 4 to go. Looks like it’s broke pretty good now.

Garrett looking like his old SS self with that victory! Congrats to him.

3. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Great racing all around, but there some pretty serious crashes, so I hope everyone is relatively “okay.”

But it does start to make you wonder if the big bikes have outgrown Laguna Seca?

It looked like the track needs to be about 1/2 mile longer in total.

4. Hoffman900

?? The racing was great!

Everyone walked away, which I know isn’t the same as uninjured. Kyle’s deal could happen anywhere.

5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

#31 checkin out FTW baby !!

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The streaming feed was pretty poor this weekend. Lots of down-resolution and buffering. It seemed to crash at critical times during the race as well. Had to keep reloading the page, then it would jump back 5 or 6 laps into the race and such. Pretty poor technical performance.

Hope they get a better setup for Sonoma in a couple of weeks.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty frustrating. I dropped 3 times during the SBK race.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had trouble thru all 3 races today with it stopping and getting the spiny thing, best fix seems to be keep hitting refresh every 10 seconds, it eventually always came back. Wasn't home yesterday so can't comment on how they did.

9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

that might be a pretty sweet semi- retired summer gig.

10. pfhenry

You talking about fox sports go on computer? they fuck up my Baseball all the time.. super buggy

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Maybe next year. Still have some time to put in here out east.

MotoAmericaLivePlus is the streaming I was referring to.
    BeInSport (stream 6) was also having issues, kept bouncing me out during the WSBK coverage today as well.

Yesterday evening I thought it might have had something to do with the NYC blackout, but having issues on both feeds today makes me wonder.

5axis likes this.
  12. pfhenry

wsbk isn't on fox sports go(fs2 online) but it worked well with some refreshing... might be my 64 bit windows
    comcast sucks

13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

HELL YEAH CHAZ!!!!!!!!!!!

23103a, Newsshooter and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would think that some of the streaming issue is dependent on how much bandwidth is available at the source, and then how/who they are using as their streaming content cache-ing partner (akamai, fastly, etc..).

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

This weekend I watched all of the races on from the recorded feed rather than live and quality was great so it is definitely just an issue with the live stream. It's easier to pause the recorded feed and squeeze it into my weekend activities.

Pitmom42 likes this.
  16. Hoffman900

That was MotoAmerica’s explanation for COTA as well with having to share bandwidth with MotoGP.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Maybe the decibels of Greg White Screaming the whole Damned time shook up the cables of the feed... Damn just watched both races and had to mute both by lap 2...

Dano711 likes this.
  18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

“BUT!”trails off about something and “BUT!”

That’s my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup.. just tried to avoid social media spoilers, and watched afterward. WAY better quality vs the live stream. Live stream not where it needs to be at all, but, for $70 i'm quite happy.

side note (reference to some above announcer bashing)
    GW and JP did a great job announcing overall. imo.
    These guys at least KNOW the riders, have literally worked with many of them (in JP's case). You get enthusiasm (even if a bit over top) from G-dub, and some very good insight at times from JP. Who, you know.. has actually raced at these tracks, at the pointy end of the field.. People need to understand there are people that are NOT die hard racing fans they are trying to capture and convince this is a cool sport. But i'm sure many of them could do a MUCH better job of announcing.. lol !

Gino230, 23103a, Banditracer and 2 others like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It sounded like the Damned last 4 furlongs of the Kentucky Derby... Jason and Greg do a great job with the knowledge they have.. the insight and getting the names right of the riders. GW just needs to stay away from the coffee or Monster before the race...

Dano711 and MELK-MAN like this.