1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK I Race 2 | Netherlands | 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Round 2. Looking forward to it but why is world SBK mirroring MotoGP weekends? Not smart imho. Cmon Garrett.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think both calendars were avoiding racing on Easter Sunday. With the additional rounds being added to MotoGP, it is probably difficult for WSBK to avoid all the MotoGP weekends.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

All times are Eastern
    upload_2022-4-19_8-23-8.png
    upload_2022-4-19_8-23-37.png
    upload_2022-4-19_8-23-58.png

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i agree. took a look and after this they only have two conflicting weekends. one on sep. 25th and the other oct. 23rd

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Will GG have speed when it counts, or when in traffic? Not holding my breath, but I am hopeful. Like to see either Honda get up there as well.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Go Garrett!!

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Honda did the business in BSB last week so maybe they can pick it up in WSBK too? Meh probably not. MVDM is coming back to battle Redding for 15th. Should be great racing between the top 3 though!

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

This is going be a great weekend. MotoGP. F1. WSBK. MotoAmerica. I'm headed to check out AHRMA. Unfortunately this means wifey is getting no attention with all this action.

ungwaha and henry_carlson like this.
  11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

You forgot Supercross at Foxborough saturday night! Great weekend ahead!

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Go Garrett! I want to see Iker do well and win on the Honda. Kid is still very young and busts his ass every time he steps on the bike. Never says one bad word about the team or bike and always wears a smile, hopefully some winning karma heading his way.

13. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Having been to Assen a number of times, my prediction is:

Rain
    Cold
    Toprak

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Steve English was on the Garage Pod and they had a lengthy conversation about Mr. Gerloff . Basically, Steve said it is time for GG to perform over the next three rounds. This is because after the three rounds they have a large break and the GP contracts will be done and we will know what Moto 2 riders will be moving across to WSBK and seats will shuffle. English also theorized if Yamaha has to make room for Baldassarri and it comes down to Nozane or Gerloff it is going to be Gerloff's potential versus Nozane 's $$ and the $ will win out. He also spoke on the controversy and the ongoing conversation in the media and stated that the media cannot and will not move on until he finished on the podium again.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

SuperSport is still the R6 cup, but it look like the other brands are catching up - I heard on one of the podcasts that they are working on the algorithms for leveling the playing field during the race weekend.
    upload_2022-4-22_8-12-52.png

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

How am I supposed to watch Moto2 FP2 and WSBK FP2 at the same time? :mad:
    I know, first world problems and I can catch up on one or the other using the no spoiler page so all good. :beer:

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

GG has improved by 1 position and narrowed his gap to the front
    upload_2022-4-22_10-4-40.png

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You talkin' bout practice ....

He needs to carry it into the races.

20. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Oh, absolutely - I'm hoping he can take ANY positive away from practice and translate it into confidence and aggression for the race.