1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Moto Clash

Discussion in 'General' started by pjdoran, Apr 2, 2009.

1. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Ok, before you roast me alive listen to this. I was coincidentally buying my tix to Barber's AMA event this very morning. I was speaking with Clark Virden, the corporate hospitality chief guy for all events at Barber. He brought this up, not I.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Apr/worldmotoclash.htm

He asked if I had seen Dean Adams piece, I said, "Sure, good April Fool's Day joke by old Dean.":crackup:

He then says, that's real!! No joke. I protest and say it's a little late to pull this gag on the second. He persisted, and since I had just spent a relative fortune with him....I am a little intrigued as I would think he wouldn't have wanted to upset me before getting my credit card info.

Regardless, his story was that they are trying to pull it together, no guarantee at this point.

I am not convinced, but thought it worthy to note that either Dean has a serious network of compadres, or this story MAY not be a hoax.:Poke:

2. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

Dear sweet baby Jesus, please let this World Moto Clash thing be real -- what a cool concept!

3. APPI

APPI Well-Known Member

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

That sounds interesting...global version of old-school F-USA I guess.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for me, reality tv isn't my thing but it'll get more people into the racing stuff.

6. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

Meh, maybe it will involve hot women and a hot tub or two? :Pop:

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I've been involved with this for awhile. It's definitely got big name players behind it and if they pull it off, could be very exciting. In fact, it would steal a lot of thunder from DMG.

8. caferace

caferace No.

9. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  10. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

It sounds like it would be one hell of a race it if happens.

11. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome!!!

12. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time looking past the fact that the article was posted on 4/1....

13. morbidelli17

morbidelli17 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a scripted "reality" television/pay-per-view entertainment package concept than anything that resembles racing. At any given time here in Hollyweird, there's probably one or more of these ideas being floated to investors.

But anyone really think Rossi, Spies, Biaggi or Stoner (or hell, even Mladin or Szoke) would be allowed to participate? I think if anything really comes of it, it would play out like the Toyota 200 at Willow did. Guys without factory contracts that preclude them from a one-off stunt will buy used superbikes, old MotoGP stuff if they can get it and afford to run it.

But it's racing and I'll probably still watch it.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Maybe he and Michael Jordan can get together and start a real superbike series.