1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup Qualifier at Summit

Discussion in 'General' started by EXPERT35, Jul 19, 2002.

1. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

If I understand the schedule, Sat. 20 minutes before the 6 hour there is a qualifier for Sun. 750SS National race witch is also the winner takes all for the World Cup race.Are we gridded Sat. by our National points and then gridded Sun. by Sat. qualifier and not our National Series points?

2. chris73

chris73 Well-Known Member

i think you are correct,but i belive saturdays grid will be done by suzuki cup points for the year,then sunday by your finish in the qualifier.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually as much as this will hurt guys not running the WERA stuff the Saturday heat will be gridded by our National points first then order of entry.

It's fantastic for Suzuki to allow us to run one of the 3 qualifiers but we still have to take care of our riders that support us all year and this looks like the best compromise. Hopefully everyone will understand but I'm not holding my breath.

4. EXPERT35

What if you have no National points but several Cup points from regionals?

5. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I seriously doubt that the 'Suzuki' Points will have any affect. Sean is probably talking solely about 'WERA' points. In other words... enjoy starting from the T10 tower. :)

You have like one more day to pre-register. Take advantage of it. Then hope that Harwell, Carpenter, Yaakov, and the rest of the Suzuki-Stars decide to go to a basket-weaving class in Wichester that day. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What Steve said - Cup points won't matter for this particular race sorry.

7. EXPERT35

I believe I have 4 national points,2nd wave is looking good :D

8. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

They held the first qualifier at Portland International Raceway this weekend and John Dugan walked away from the rest of the guys. Alan Schmit had to race on his "B" bike after a HARD crash in turn 9 saw his bike flip 20 feet into the air and smash down on the access road durning a heat race. He charged through the field to finish a distant second to Dugan. Tom Wertman ran second most of the race then faded to 4th. Jeff Bostrom had nothing for the front funners and finished 5th. Good luck to those gunning for the second qualifying spot!!!!!!!