1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working class men aren't working anymore

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Aug 26, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

crashman likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What's so funny? His words, that I repeated. Did I miss something?

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

What could be said, is that women as a voting block are choosing representation by either representatives (regardless of gender preference or orientation) that don't deliver on promises. But then again, that should be nothing new. A familiar experience to some or most women. So, I guess it comes down to a level of comfort. The plantation is home.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ahem. I don't care who chooses what brand of toilet paper in the grocery store. Big money. Corporations. Lobbyists. Men? Women?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If what I got is privilege, I will gladly pass it on.

crashman likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. :beer:

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    My white male privilege and King Barrys economic recovery got me a 35% pay reduction over the last year and a half to go along with spending over 1/2 my time in a god forsaken frozen wasteland. Fortunately I know where to find sympathy in the dictionary so I am OK. :D Its just every time I hear "white privilege" or "male privilege" I want to throat punch someone. Fortunately both of my daughters agree with me that the word "privilege" when used in this context means "lazy motherfucker who does not want to work for it" so all is not lost. There are a few kids that have not fallen in to the Social Justice Warrior trap.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes and no. I am certainly no SJW, or a feminist for that matter. Every ship on its own bottom, and I mean every ship, no exceptions. Father in Army for 30 years, no sons, mother from some dorf no one ever heard of in Bavaria born during WW2 where they got an orange for Christmas, for some context, that's how we roll. If you middle aged white males do not see that the lives you have lived to now have been to a certain extent (yes we can argue about degree) buoyed because you are white males, well, I view you as myopic, and I'm sad for you, kind of like a beauty queen whose looks have faded and looks back on her pictures and sees how lovely she was, but she didn't appreciate it at the time. You perhaps took it for granted? In any case, all these conversations seem to be about how someone/group is taking something away from you. If you think they're wrong/destructive/etc. why are you letting them? White men are still in charge.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Balderdash.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You sound very zen these days. The first post you put in this thread I was like, did he accidentally post in the wrong thread? Anyway, you sound good. :)

Hawk518 likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You have gotten lazy of late. Just a drop in comment here or there.

12. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

to be blunt...a vast majority of the white men still in charge are pandering cunts who fold at the first sight of someone challenging their opinion.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Stipulated. Whose money is voting them in? Male? Female?

14. Cuddles de Sade

yes, but one must have the intestinal fortitude to exercise that much loved power the money provides in a manner befitting my gender's status throughout time...ahhhh the good old days of benevolent dictatorships.

weak bitches are weak.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Whether its corporations pandering to their customer base, or elected officials pandering to corporations pandering to their customer base....

as I posted on the previous page, just need to follow the money...

"Women drive 70-80% of all consumer purchasing, through a combination of their buying power and influence. Influence means that even when a woman isn’t paying for something herself, she is often the influence or veto vote behind someone else’s purchase."

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That was funny, and non-responsive. Who is weak? The voting $$? The elected officials? BTW, I am also in the HPPT church, I forgot my title, hahahahahahahaha...well, maybe I got kicked out by now... :)

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not lazy. Weary of the complaints about how life is unfair. EVERYONE has to deal with a ration of shit. Privilege is limited to very few, not all white or male, but the truly lazy paint everyone with the same broad brush because it makes them feel better about their own failings.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

As I stated previously, I, and I am sure others, do not give a youknowwhat about who buys what can of branded peas. You are surely not going to equate that quote (and I don't care how many times you quote it) to real, meaningful, power/influence? Just stop.

19. Cuddles de Sade

sorry if I wasn't clear. I was aiming at the elected officials. anyone who truly has principle, honor and a backbone is essentially unelectable.

it's been so long since we worshipped properly, I think everyone might be kicked out :)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Privilege is about cash not sex or race. You can work hard and get some breaks and make sure your kids are privileged if you like.