1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work is for suckers

Discussion in 'General' started by styles, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, that cracked me up. :crackup:

3. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Dad retired at 56, would love to do the same but it will never happen... unless I stay single for life. :)

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I plan on working until the day I die. I figure by then I can get maybe 2 months of vacay and basically half ass it the rest of the time.

5. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

I joined the military 19 1/2 years ago so I'm retiring in 6 months at 39 :) unfortionately that only means that I'll be retired from the military and that I get to start a 2nd career. $1500 a month in retirement pay doesn't cut it for a family of 5 but it will make life easier along with my benefits. I hope to actually retire by 60.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Go into law enforcement or become a fireman.

7. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

I had to stop by just to see what he would say....:D

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

what do you guys think is a smarter investment

company matched 401k or a Roth IRA?

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Roth!

but I might be somewhat biased

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

who is managing the 401k?

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

both.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For 401(k), employer matches how much for every $1 you put in and up to what % will they match and what % can you contribute?

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

one of the only caveats of employer matched plans is where the match money goes. i.e. if you work for Ford, their match would only be in Ford stock. that's ok as long as you still diversify the rest of your 401k. you just dont wanna end up like panther and have all your eggs in one basket and have the company go belly up.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The object is to run out of money slightly before your last breath. Go for 53.5.

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

A Roth is only a good idea if you plan on being in a higher tax bracket when you retire.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Egg Zactly! The ESOP sounded great and had been for decades. Then the BOD brought in financial planners who took only 2 years to undo six decades of work.

The ones I felt sorriest for were the hourlies with 40+ years at the company and NOTHING to show for it.

17. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

employer matched up to 5%

I do the full 5%

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

It's going to be tough to beat an automatic/instant 100% return.

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I love what I'm doing, and I have 2 young kids, so I don't plan on retiring anytime soon. That doesn't mean I don't have retirement plans. 2 pensions, 401k, and Roth.

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

ill be dead before i retire. unless i hit the lottery