1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work at Walmart, can't afford to eat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Nope, you're wrong.

I have more experience than you think.

I would not be surprised if we're around the same age.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good for you. You have held onto your youthful naivete.

I certainly hope you haven't invested any of your IRAs, 401ks or personal savings in stock. It would be rather naïve of you to rail against the system while being one of those holding others down.

3. jase

LOL!!!

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive been part of the workforce a good while. Worked for small, medium, and national companies. Cant say I/we ever depended on the evil owners to give us anything. Almost all the gatherings or celebrations were initiated by fellow co-workers. Even for the evil national conglomerate that makes billions though they did give me a full months salary in stock every year. (currently trading over $100!!!) :D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So YOU are a corporate owner, striving to keep the little man down. Evil. Evil. How can you live with yourself? You should immediately donate all your ill gotten gains to the nearest junkie.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  6. jase

LOL....

Too funny.

7. jase

So you guys believe in corporations/big companies putting profits before people?

*fixed it :Poke:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I believe that in the long run, any business has to balance profits with the way it treats employees. Conversely, employees have to realize the corporation exists to make a profit for those whose money is at risk. They do not exist to provide the employee with a specific level of income.

A worker's value in the marketplace is directly related to the cost of putting someone else in that position. If someone can be brought in off the street and do your job after a couple shifts, then to expect much more than minimum wage is absurd.

Most corporations, in spite of what you seem to think, do value good employees. Good employees make you money.

10. jase

So we agree to disagree?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If I shared your point of view, we would both be wrong, so OK.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

You think benevolence comes from the dude(s) under the overpasses with shopping carts? :Poke:

13. jase

So if my point of view isn't the same as yours, it's wrong, according to you?

That's how it works on this site. Have a different opinion, and it's wrong. You guys dont respect others point of view.

14. jase

Sure it does, doesn't it??

LMAO!!:Poke:

15. pickled egg

Nonsense. :tut:

Never once have any of us ever told you that you're not allowed to be wrong. If that's not respect, I dunno what is. :confused:

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Just do your daily affirmations bro. It helps.

[​IMG]

17. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thought of this thread when I saw it.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is absolutely untrue. I fully respect your right to be wrong.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I cant treat you like the awesome, gold star receiving genius, that deserves my last penny if i go out of business, can i? :rolleyes:

20. pickled egg