1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woolich racing.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by noles19, Nov 17, 2017.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Anyone have reviews of Thier race kit for the r6 or in general?
    Looking at the kit with auto bliper, quick shifter, launch control etc.
    Is launch control legal is SS?

2. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

im curious too

noles19 likes this.
  3. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

The launch control should be the most legal of all. There’s no added hardware, just software manipulation.

I have nothing to add about the Woolich stuff on the R6 though, we use FtEcu. The Woolich stuff We’ve done in the past has worked pretty well though.

4. noles19

The auto warm up looks awesome

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would think FtEcu would be the way to go on a R6. Graves owns it and from what I understand most in MA use it?

6. noles19

That's what I have now, but ft doesn't have all the fancy stuff, which I don't need but I like how cool it is..

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've been out of touch with it for a few years, is it launch control that you want that they don't have?

8. noles19

Ft only has the auto bliper, for about the same cost as all the other features through woolich.

9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

which R6? i heard that the prev gen wasnt capable of doing auto-blip well because the ECU was too slow and shitty. did ppl figure it out?

10. noles19

08-16

11. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

I set up Woolich on two superbikes recently and was pretty pleased with the hardware and software. Their web site's a bit confusing to navigate if you need support but it's pretty easy to get a hold of someone if you need help and they'll work very hard to make it right. The software is very easy to use specially if you're comfortable with 3D graphs. My only complaint is that they don't supply a 12v AC adapter with their bench tuning kits.....which is ridiculous.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I had Translogic auto blip added to my 08 r6's. One bike is FTecu, other is YEC box. Has a warm up mode. Start bike, push a button that is included in kit, blips lightly for a set time. I don't have launch control but didn't look into that feature.

noles19 likes this.
  13. noles19

how do you like the translogic setup? that's what ai was looking at when I found the woolich.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I'll let ya know in 2 weeks when i get back from Homestead Miami Speedway :) will be first outing on it after having it all installed. I'll tell ya this. Ed Sullivan had it on his r6 at Daytona when he shared the garage with Michael Barnes and I. He set his personal best lap time that weekend, even with my best. And for the times we had raced each other there before, i was always a 1/2 sec or more faster than him. The Westby racing team is using em on the R1 now and he says it's a sweet setup

noles19 likes this.
  15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

How many switches are you using on your shift rod? In my experience, that has been the difference in "it works" and "is faster".

16. noles19

Are you asking me?
    If so I don't have a quickshifter yet, the woolich stuff comes with a multi direction strain gauge switch though.