1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woolich racing and their gotcha clause

Discussion in 'General' started by blue03R6, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I like having the ability to play with engine braking and throttle maps.

Knotcher likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Depends on the needs of your build. Piggyback may not be ideal.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

OEMs love selling extended warranties... so they aint exactly washing their hands of a product. Perhaps Im mistaken on the length... give the amount of models I doubt they are going to have unique ecus for sub models. Roy said the non abs flashed ecu still works just in a limited capacity.
    Also the way successful support shops work is to have a specific market to cater and develop for beyond the OEM.
    Groms, Goldwings, CRFs, GSXRs, etc all have a pretty robust after purchase support. Wingers may receive less support because nobody wants to hear their squeeling...lol

4. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

that's for professionals like the stuff from Magneti Marelli. you have to build your own maps from scratch.

5. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

it may just be for my bike (2015 R1). you can adjust what yamaha already allows through the dash. but nothing available in the woolich software to change. with the R1 having the 6 axis gyro its probably over woolich's understanding so they left it alone.
    I heard some bikes allow woolich software to be used as a diagnostic tool. that may be in the future. it seems they're more focused on Kawasaki for the most part. when I was working at a dealership last summer I found out that kawasaki and suzuki are using the same brand diagnostic tool. everything about it works the same way. the only difference between the 2 is one said suzuki and one said kawasaki. Yamaha had a much more sophisticated diagnostic software that ran on a laptop. suzuki and kawi used a handheld device with a lcd screen.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019