1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With an eye to the future..."I accept"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Triple X, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS: This just in !!!
    Obama wins the Heisman Trophy after watching a college football game !!!
    :D

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

thats awsome!

didnt he say that he wanted to start the college bowl system also? maybe they can start steroid hearings again, you know nothing else important to do

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Wasnt he going to eliminate the BCS system too? I thought that was one of his platforms. (seriously)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can't be serious. You really believe that happened?!!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It happened - he said it on Monday Night Football. However I never took it as him saying he would do so, only that he would prefer a playoff system.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, let's be clear: did he say he would like to see the BCS go away (as many football fans do, it seems), or did he make a campaign promise that he would do it?

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Papa, I don't remember the statement thaaat well but I remember getting the impression he would put whatever political weight which would be applicable behind getting rid of the BCS. Which was probably met by cheers but it's still a strange statement for a politician to make IMHO.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He's said in at least one interview I know of that he would like to see a playoff system instead of the BCS. Hell the only people that don't think that way are the ones that own the rights to the bowls. They were basically discussing sports at the time so I didn't get any idea that he was stating any kind of agenda. Seemed like two dudes talking sports to me.

I've never heard him say anything about getting involved in any way with the issue.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Interesting. I never saw that interview.

We should get on the steroids issue much harder too. :D

11. extrabill

extrabill Guest

Speaking of football - any Titans fans here? :Poke:

12. theNEOone

theNEOone Banned

That's an "old" joke. I like this one better:

I heard that Obama won Top Chef because he made himself a sandwich for lunch.

=|

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You know what's crazy is I'm a Titans fan and of course you know I've always been a Patriots fan so Sunday was interesting. :D

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

both of the jokes are lame as both have Obama taking some action.

I heard Obama won <insert: top chef, sexiest man alive, heisman, etc> because he is NOT George Bush is much more fitting. Not funny, but more fitting of what he actually has done for peace, which is nothing.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

yeah but he could never win hells kitchen because gordon isnt from the USA

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe that settles it. Thanks. Doc was right. Damn! :wow:

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I think that there`s more important shit for Obama to worry about than the damn BCS! WTF.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nope but I pissed on their field a few years ago.:up:

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Classy.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I took it as a fan comment but I haven't gone looking for the transcript or video of what he said.