1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window unit in side door.

Discussion in 'General' started by wwsuzuki, Aug 18, 2010.

1. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

Im looking to make a door behind my trailer door to install a window ac unit. So when im at races i can open the trailer door and close the make shift window ac unit door. Has anybody ever does this? thoughts? and if you have some pictures?? thanks!

2. Held USA

Held USA Active Member

We have this setup on our trailer. Worked very well at VIR last weekend. Put a clear shower curtain on the side door.

3. wwsuzuki

You got any pictures?

4. robfromc

robfromc nice member

I have etrack, 2 small pieces on either side of the door. The AC sits on the floor held into place witha tie down. Harbor freight sells cheap moving blankets and heavy duty tarp ties. Fold the blanket in half and attach it to the door frame with the tarp tie downs, but leave one side open so you can get in and out. We put some velcro on that one side.

If you search here, under "trailers" or "ac trailer" you'll find a link to thumpertalk with pics of what your wanting. Im not into screwing hinges all over the place. The moving mat is thick and isnt the weak link in the insulation. Works great, Im in GA it gets hot as frock here.

5. wwsuzuki

Cool thanks! yea i live in Augusta i feel your pain on the heat! I workout side everyday doing security!

6. robfromc

robfromc nice member

No shit your in augusta too, man theres several of us here:beer:

I a plumber, heats killing!

7. wwsuzuki

Yea ive been here all my life..excpet my time in the marines. I cant believe we dont have a race shop here!

8. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

no pics, sorry I will see what I can do, after Indy. We swing the left door all the way open and mount the other door with the AC unit. The right door then closes and seals every thing down.