1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winchester SX3......

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Anyone besides Kelly have one? Thoughts?

Thinking about picking one up in 28" wood, 12 ga. There's one BNIB that I can get pretty cheap, and I figured it would make a nice dedicated clay gun. I already have 2 other auto's, but what's one more, this thing is LIGHT! :D

2. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I always thought light guns were best in the field, since you lug it around for hours and shot it 3 times.

3. Captain Squid

It's crazy how light it is compared to my 11-8. I think it would do pretty damn good shooting clays, among other things but that would be it's primary use

4. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Good God, your like a damn woman. Just buy the gun and be happy.

5. Captain Squid

What's wrong with being a woman? :D

6. TrackStar

Nothing if your pretty. Your not.

7. Captain Squid

:(

Sick burn brah :D

8. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Before I bought my Benelli, I was researching the SX3. I wound up with the Benelli for reliability reasons; my father-in-law has a Super Black Eagle that he has hunted/shot clays with for over a decade (and the man hunts waterfowl every single day of every single season) without a single misfire.

9. TrackStar

The SBE is a great gun, I just couldnt deal with the recoil as much as I shoot. Guideing waterfowl every day was brutal with that gun.

I have 40 or 50 cases of 3.5 mag through my SX3's with no problems.

10. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Really?!? I've shot that thing plenty of times with 3.5" shells, and I didn't think it was bad at all! I got a Super Vinci, and it kicks a little less than the SBE.

11. TrackStar

Shoot the gun sitting flat on your butt with your legs straight in front of you about 40 times a day. Thats how we have to shoot coming out of layout blinds.

I can shoot about anything all day standing.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

13. Captain Squid

Don't encourage him :D

Well, I quit being a woman and picked it up, super stoked about it :D Can't wait to get home, I don't care how dark it is, I'm blasting something! :D :D :D

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've got the FN SLP which is pretty close but the SX3 is a bit lighter (alloy receiver vs steel on the SLP). but it's a runner. really like mine a lot. also have an 1187 but rarely shoot it now that I have the SLP. will probably put a rifled barrel on one of them and use it for slugs... :)

15. Captain Squid

Have an 11-87 and I'm not too fond of it. I know they make a "speedloader" for it but I think it's the dumbest thing ever to have a button to push when loading EACH shell.

It's just in a bad spot, IMO

16. Captain Squid

Bumping this back up, anyone know of a place besides Winchester I could get a synthetic black stock/foregrip for it? It's currently got a wood set of it, with a gunmetal barrel, but I think it would be titties to have it black.

Winchester says I have to send the gun in and have the stock and foregrip installed by them. :rolleyes:

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

You're

:D

**Holy crap, didn't realize this thread was this old. I think the statute of limitations for correcting grammar expired 3 months ago. haha

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012