1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will's rim repair

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Called him today, and he returned the call within 15 minutes.

TLR67 likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well you're a known fast guy, you probably get special treatment. :D

3. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

LOL. I don't think he would know me from Rossi. :)

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe he could get some work done if you all just stopped texting and calling him all damn day.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Within reason, there is absolutely a lot of truth to that statement.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

he just did a wheel and 4 rotrs for me. took 3-4 weeks. I sent them. He called me with a bill.

7. jtaibi

jtaibi New Member

He's had one of my wheels for about a month now and I CANNOT get in touch with the guy. Been trying to get him for like a week and a half and haven't gotten him once or gotten a call back. Is this level of "ghostiness" normal? Anyone else spoken to him recently?

Lincoln46 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep it's normal. He's still worth it from everything I've heard/seen.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. jtaibi

jtaibi New Member

He repaired my buddy's wheel and did a fantastic job, so I have faith in his abilities. It's just that, and maybe it's just the New Yorker in me, this sort of issue is unheard of around here and gives me the feeling something's wrong.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I love how the guy has been consistently over the years the biggest mystery in the motorcycling universe. I swear people talk about him like Luke Skywalker possibly being alive somewhere on a planet no one knows about. And I have yet to hear from anyone that they got screwed or were not happy with the work. It's fantastic (when you're not the one waiting for a wheel). :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing wrong, 100% normal.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I can go stop by his house. Been there several times.

He’s quite busy bit not the phone/text kinda guy. He sometimes has 30-50 boxes stacked up, so be patient. He will return your wheels. In like new condition

DucatiBomber and Shenanigans like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Great business model. He gets more work then he can do, why waste time talking with people, especially since it appears he is anti-social like so many people are.

He automatically loses some business, because of that, but he probably can't handle that business without hiring more people, which probably isn't worth the hassle. It's actually quite perfect:
    • send me your stuff
    • include your address
    • include the prepaid check
    • you get the wheels when I'm done
    • don't bother calling, there are already more wheels after your set, waiting to get to me

14. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

Hate to admit it but I’m basically the transmission rebuilder equivalent of him I think. Can’t stand people worrying me to death/ hardly look at my phone/ suck at returning calls. I’ll l get it done and done right and have more work than I can handle. Automatically tell people I’m a week behind so they leave me alone. I’ll call you when it’s ready. I swear the ones that blow me up I subconsciously make wait longer because it gets under my skin and saps my motivation. Phone ringing instantly makes me start cursing.

TurboBlew, Phl218 and Banditracer like this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If you’re there, mind looking for a set of Triumph Daytona wheels from PA? He’s had them for a while.

16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He has repaired 2 wheels for and I have never had any contact with him, like text, phone call, or email....

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I sent him one years ago a couple weeks later it showed up on my doorstep with a bill. Sent him a check and all was good. I'm sure he couldn't get away with doing that anymore

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He just did some wheels for a friend of mine. Dude stays but is honestly worth the wait.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup

Seems the quality of his work in relation to price enables that tactics.

Problems start when you hire people.
    The rule in priject management is, adding another team member increases efficiency only by 50% instead of doubling it... carry that on and it becomes clear why large organizations are inefficient...

Boman Forklift, TurboBlew and beac83 like this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I know Will and have been to his house and seen his set up. Basically a basement operation type of business where the only way to expand would be additional equipment, a new location costing rent, etc and probably employees too. He is happy with his current set up, does perfect quality work and at a very reasonable price because his overhead is basically nil. The waiting time may suck but you can only pick two of three (cost, quality, delivery). He provides great quality at a low cost. Just plan ahead. He did turn a wheel around pretty quick for me when I needed it for a race. But, being local probably helped too since no packing/shipping on his part was involved.