1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this housing bubble pop already?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

most studies say its the opposite of that first sentence. with hard data. whether or not CEOs/managers who need their ego stroked in person, and lonely-hearts cat lady Karen who needs office gossip/interaction because she has no real life or friends outside of work, coax people to come back or not, is yet to be seen. those are the only two types of people i've seen that want to go back to a shitty commute and dumb office rat race bullshit. nobody else is talking that way.

MachineR1, BigBird and Rico888 like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The smart companies will realize that not all workers are the same. Some are actually more productive from home (less time commuting, working outside of normal hours, etc.). Others need the structure of the office to be most productive.

BigBird likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This.

If the world really is ending tomorrow, oh fucking well - not much I can do about it. I'm gonna continue buying toys like it isn't and we'll see what happens when I wakeup tomorrow ;)

Less a worker question (IMO) and more of a job function question.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You left out folks that live in a small apartment or home and really don't have room for everyone who is living there to to school or work from home.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It takes all types, I don't agree with your blanket statement.

My daughter is a Nurse and other than getting laid off for awhile, has continued working out of the house. My son has been working in his apartment and our house for a few months since 1/20 and he cant wait to get back like many of his friends. My daughters finance said he likes being in an office much better versus working from home. My wife has 3 days in and 2 days at home while they are transitioning back to 100% office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.