1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the Shutdown hurt?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It depends on which economist you ask as to whether or not the stimulus worked. There are a ton of economists that claim that it didn't.

Who knows for sure. I sure as hell don't.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Castris, we've heard all the arguments comparing household debt to Government debt and the Government theory is sound. The only problem with the theory is that if enough people think that that theory won't work then it won't. When the media continues to harp about the debt growth, and the number of people who fear large debt finally grows to a large enough number, they will slow, or quit spending, then all hell breaks loose.

When anyone carries lot of debt, as long as there is continued growth, everything is honky dory however, all it takes is a series of hard time events in a row and the whole debt thing will fall on one's head. It is simply not a good economic idea to carry too much debt. Are we there yet? Some say yes while some others say no. I pay attention to just who it is saying yes for my own ideas on the matter and some of them are getting nervous.

3. Castris

Castris Well-Known Member

I understand the comparison. I don't feel it's sound. From a numbers game looking from the outside then yes. And that's how people look at it because that's what most people can relate to. How many house holds do you know of that owe over half their debt to internal members? And if you don't pay them is that cross linked default? Do they pay a living fee to be in them house holds and the house hold use them fees to pay debt?

My main point is it's not any different than it has been. Even Clinton's false balanced budget.

I didn't vote for Obama. People confuse good politics with bad policies. I feel he's the opposite with having effective policies. The resistance he gets for no good reason is fairly ridiculous.

The house pubs sure didn't mind passing the way the debt is calculated. That added 1trill the second Obama signed it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You never let reality get in the way of a good polarizing political campaign.

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Which they're pushing heavily lately.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And what you put in your mouth, instead of what you carry between your legs.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hopefully 53 jobs will be lost soon (I know they are not all up for election but I can dream)

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Sheep, I don't trust the 47 republicans either. They all need firing, tar and feathers.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Term limits.

12. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:stupid:

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The problem issue is that there are plenty of conservatives and liberals that worship. Even worse is that there are many amongst us that have replaced faith in gods with faith in politicians/government.

Free men becoming subjects at will? Why did we fight for?