1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will 2013 ZX6R Race Bodywork fit a 2010 ZX6R?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Desertdude, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Desertdude

Desertdude Well-Known Member

Hey ZX6R experts out there, is it possible to use a 2013 Kawi ZX6R race bodywork set on a 2010 ZX6R? I'm pretty experienced fabricator, so not afraid of a bit of alteration provided not recreating the wheel here.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Phoenix

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

need to run the model year bodywork, front fairing stay, fuel tank trim/brkts, bezels, in combination... not sure on the rear subframe, for the tail. Ski

3. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

You can run the smaller 2010 Zx6R side fuel panels with the 13 ZX6R bodywork, but the opposite won't work. It will leave some holes in the upper I suppose, but it's race fairings not a show bike right? Most, if not all, race fairing sets for the ZX6R don't come with the side panels anyways. I ran mine without any side-panels, just more stuff to damage in a crash. The side panel mounting points are different though, so you do have to match the mounting hardware with whichever side panels you use. Same fuel tank.

Sub-frame should be the same.

4. Evil Cupcake

Evil Cupcake Active Member

For the 2013 tail fairing to fit properly without a gap you need to use the 2013+ battery tray. The subframe is the same from 09-16. You can also use the subframe from an 08-10 zx10r...they are the same. Personally I prefer the 09-12 rear race fairing over the 13+ .

To fit the 13 bodywork on the 09-12, you will need the following:
    -13+ Ram air
    -13+ Fairing stay
    -13+ left and right fairing brackets
    -You will need to drop the motor to properly tap the frame on the inside framerails to mount the inner brackets for support.

[​IMG]

rafa likes this.