1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifi help

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Mar 2, 2023.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

We have Frontier as a provider. Router is in my wife's office. My office is a few rooms away (about 50ft) and the wifi signal seems to be worse now than ever. It's to the point that video calls drop and my speeds are faster using my Hotspot than our wifi when in my office. What's a good and economical way to fix this? Frontier now partners with Eero as their preferred mesh network, but I know nothing about using these.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's called a cable...

3. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

I used Eeros to extend Wi-Fi to my basement and to my shop. My cable modem is inconveniently in the breakfast nook, TiVo in living room requires hard wired connection, and shop is 115’ from the house. The Eeros handled all that. Super simple to set up. The new Amazon Echos with clock has built in Eero.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I get my WIFI by bouncing off Chinese weather balloons as they fly by? Anyone else?

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

All your base are belong to us

E Reed and sdg like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I employ similar orbs by just using available fat chicks which there seems to be a veritable plethora of.

7. Mesh system or if you want really economical a range extender. We have mesh and it’s great and it switch’s from one transmitter to the other seamlessly and best part it’s plug and play.

omatter34 likes this.
  8. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Go with the Eero mesh system and a NetGear switch if you plan on networking the house.

omatter34 likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

omatter34 likes this.