1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WI, IL, MN, IA peeps Dyno Tuner

Discussion in 'General' started by lopitt85, Mar 4, 2021.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm in the Sparta/Tomah/LaCrosse Wisconsin area. Can anyone recommend a Dyno tuner near me thats good with Bazzaz Z-Fi? Found some old threads on other forums in my google search where some folks on claim to have been turned away by shops that preferred to work with the Power Commander instead of Bazzaz. Bike is a 2008 GSXR 600. I'm willing to drive 2-3 hours. So that means I can reach all the way to Elkhart Lake, Madison WI, well into Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota. I've never had a bike tuned so I'd like to give it shot, see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't know if they have a preference regarding Bazzaz or PC, But I'd give motorcycle Performance in Madison a call. The former owner Bill passed recently, but I think his crew is still running the business.

lopitt85 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Farrell performance has a dyno but not sure about Bazzaz?

Funkm05, DrA5 and lopitt85 like this.
  4. lopitt85

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

5. lopitt85

I'll give them a call too.

Is this perhaps owned by the racer? I took my slow ass out and did my first race the very last weekend of the year at Blackhawk Farms Raceway at the end of last season. Dude out there by the name of Farrell was fookin fast :bow:

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Same guy, shop is in Oshkosh on the frontage road of INT 41 near the EAA Airport.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yep same guy

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This would be a good thread for Garth.

9. lopitt85

Does he run a shop anywhere near me?

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's even further north than Farrell's shop but Fuel Moto in Little Chute, WI tuned two of my bikes with Bazzaz.

Do you have the self mapping feature? Any shop should be able to tune it. If I recall, it's as easy as running the bike on the dyno in every conceivable throttle position, then telling the unit to apply the changes.

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

If by 'shop' you mean 'cornfield', then yes.

Razr likes this.
  12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Red Eye performance in Chilton is my go to. He fixed a tune I got from another area tuner (possibly mentioned in this thread) on my Bazzaz last year and he's the kind of guy I like giving my money to. He just upgraded his dyno and does great work.

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

WHAT!?!?!?

14. lopitt85

That's even closer to me than Road America so its within my driving range. I'll give them a call too.

I don't have the self tuning feature on the one I just purchased.

15. lopitt85

Also within driving distance and shot them a message on facebook.

Thanks everyone. I think I should be able to get squared away by one of these guys. If not, I'll be back :dead:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure they still tune customer bikes since they shifted their business exclusively to HD a while back. The owner is a former road racer but he pays the bills building HD engines.

17. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Doug Lofgren in Minneapolis is amazing, especially if you want ignition mapping too. I think he is currently dynoing bikes at Ohana Motorsports in Eden Prairie.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yup, the cancers got him.