1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why You "Go Where You Look" ...

Discussion in 'General' started by magic-rat, Sep 21, 2011.

1. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

2. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Thats sick...
    i like..

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Diabolical...it should be outlawed and the perpetrators punished severly.

This is EXACTLY the kinds of thing the godless Commies would secretly put on our TV broadcasts late at night, so while we were blind, they could sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids without our knowledge and consent.

4. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I don't know about motion induced blindness, but I remember from high school biology (25 years ago) that light strikes the cones (color vision) or rods (black and white) in your eye and disintegrates the various chemicals in them. Different wavelengths of light disintegrate different chemicals in the rods and cones. This causes an electrical impulse translated into vision. (simpified of course). The chemicals are continuously refreshed, but not quick enough. If you can stare at one object long enough without moving your eye, the light (object) hitting those rods and cones will eventually deplete the chemicals and it will disappear. By moving your eye, the object will reappear (using a different set of rods and cones) giving the ones that "went blind" a chance to refresh.

5. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I try this often with my girlfriend, especially in the AM when she is scary looking and she does not seem to disappear. What am I doing wrong.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

7. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

dating the wrong women.

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Stare at the dark triangle. All else will seem to diminish in importance.

9. If I concentrate a bit, I find that all 3 dots remain, but change position. My eye doc said my periphial vision is off the charts, so that prolly has something to do with it. I know it helps a chit load racing/driving.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

11. Why did I all of a sudden "get it" cause you responded - is it the subliminal Bangbusius Phenom?

12. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I lose the upper left one first/most and next the upper right. The lower dot never disappears.

13. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Yup. Same here.

14. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Wow that's weird! (the OP not dark triangles:crackup:)