1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do Moto Gp race do this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Longwalkruben, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Longwalkruben

Longwalkruben Well-Known Member

Ok i see a couple guys that race Moto Gp do this. Well they put their foot all the way to the ground sometimes before they lean into a corner. I see Valentino do it alot but I have seen others do it. Why do they do that?
    I saw a guy at a track day doing it,I thought the guy was on crack because obviously they do it for a certain reason, and that guy was just making his self look stupid before I passed him lol.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

In a word, balance/weight control.

The guy you passed at a trackday was a moron. :rolleyes:

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I thought that I read somewhere that Rossi said that it's just easier to reposition his foot after downshifting by pulling it completely off of the peg and in tight left-handers the move becomes more exaggerated as he tips it in.

4. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Ditto.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Well then.

Still, the trackday guy was a dumbass. :D

6. Yep, he only does it in lefts. Pedrosa dows it too.

7. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

they "reposition" themselves because their balls are so huge.:D

8. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

+ 1. val has talked about it often, sometimes it just slips off when he goes to adjust it entering a corner and sometimes he lifts it off to reposition it.

9. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

10. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

sent john, i have been unbelievably busy. i spent all day fixing this guys Katana for him in trade for him fixing and priming my trashed body work. ive got my cranks and rods coming, the cylinders go out soon for pistons, and our motor builder is about done with the heads. and my swingarm and rear wheel are at my machinist, along with my check book :(

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Some of us have boats for feet fellas. It is easier to slide your foot off the peg and reposition, especially when using the Vortex meat grinder pegs. You will notice we dont do it with our right foot as there is no requirement to get your foot UNDER the brake pedal.

12. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

BIG FEET=...............................

................................BIG SHOES

:rock: