1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why different rules?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by sdiver, Mar 20, 2014.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why there are different class rules for a "National" series...?

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Are there? I never change anything on my bikes....but my bikes arent all trick and shit either...

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You do realize the whole " old, loud, ugly" schtick hasn't applied for a couple of bike now, right?

:D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There aren't. Unless you're talking about the combined stuff with CMRA and that is because cooperating will make the series stronger whereas getting into a pissing match will hurt everyone long term.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I hear you and yes the National combined series. I agree that the overriding concern has to be cooperation.

However, it seems to me the CMRA version of lightweight endurance is just like the WERA sprint F2 class?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually it's more open than our F2 as they allow some of the older V7mw type machines. I kind of like the idea really, looking forward to seeing how it all plays out tomorrow. If it works as well as I think it will I may put them in there in the future. Overall I think a properly ridden LW bike will be faster, that's how the CMRA results have played out. Worst case I'll pull those bikes from the WERA results, going to wait and see.

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Me too :D

Depends on what is the definition of a LW bike...this the reason for the question. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LW is a category, not a set displacement. If we were being picky SV's are heavy :D

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Understood and agreed.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I will have to go over their rules again - so far in their F2 our LW it's all SV's. I know Ben Probst built a 565 which fits their rules but not ours however I don't have the paperwork on it yet. We'll be looking at it tomorrow, I fully expect it to be some faster here but if it's not too much I may consider it even for this year. All speculation tho til we see it on track.

11. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

This cooperation and logical thinking is certainly NOT helping to destroy roadracing. So cool to see org's helping each other and not starting pissing matches which seems all too common nowadays.

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yes Ben and I collaborated on the design and build of that bike...please see my sig. The engine you will see tomorrow was built for me specifically to CCS rules but qualifies for CMRA F2/lightweight endurance as well. I know it fits WERA F2 but after my season starts In mid-May (due to other commitments) I'd love to run WERA endurance as well.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. So far it's not blazingly too fast for the class, have an SV leading, then the 565, then a pair of old Honda 600s then more SV's. Good mix really.

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Cool. I hear we had an early exit. I would like consideration for future rounds. Thanks!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not sure what happened other than it stopped. Being stuck in the tower sucks sometimes.

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

"Unfortunate incident" I hear....

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Crashed in 4. Bikes were pretty close. DJ is fast no matter what. His and our anchor rider Ray had very similar lap times in the first stint, with DJ getting away from him a bit towards the end of the stint. Our second rider was going just as fast as Ray/DJ and catching their second rider when it got wadded in 4. All bikes seemed to have a pretty decent shot. Was fun seeing the mix. We had a little mph. But some of the slow stuff left us struggling, especially in the traffic of a busy endurance race.

Mongo, I have two weeks to fix this crumpled thing. Should I get to slaving and get it ready for NOLA or focus on the SV. We are running the entire WERA series along with the combined stuff. Would be nice to stay on the same bike, but I understand whichever way you go.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bring it to NOLA. I want to see it run.

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Glad there was a great turnout!